2019 GMC Sierra SLT 6.2L quick thoughts

On 9/6/2018 at 6:58 AM, JacobC1983 said:

My only "mod" will be the mirrortap and blendmount when they come available for my Max 360 radar detector.  And I haven't found a bed cover yet.  I had an Extang solid fold 2.0 on my last trucks and liked it.  Also have to schedule some window tint.  I admit I am pretty boring.  I don't do lift kits or wheels and tires.  

License plate lights are yellow bulbs

I have a '19 Denali.  Undercover just came out with a solid fold.  I had one on my '16 and loved it.  Put this one on 2 days ago.  Very nice!  Undercover flex.  Also, just a comment on the liners.  Got them for mine, cut the ridge out and put the divider back in.  Works fine.

My only "mod" will be the mirrortap and blendmount when they come available for my Max 360 radar detector.  And I haven't found a bed cover yet.  I had an Extang solid fold 2.0 on my last trucks and liked it.  Also have to schedule some window tint.  I admit I am pretty boring.  I don't do lift kits or wheels and tires.  

License plate lights are yellow bulbs

I have a solid fold 2.0. Are you supposed to keep the 3 large foam blocks on the bottom? Then when it’s fully open it sits on the foam blocks and doesn’t lay flat?

I have mixed feelings on mine. Seems like an ok cover but for 800 it could be better. I’ve noticed impressions in the top that show when it’s wet. It isn’t water tight but pretty water resistant. It moves around a bit in the rear side to side because of road vibrations and the rear spring clamps.

The good: seems to wear well in intense sunny climates (from what I’ve read). Insulated panels are hot on top but barely warm on bottom on a 100+ day. Easy to remove and fairly lightweight at 60lbs.

Not to derail thread but wanted your thoughts since you owned a few. What other are you considering?

15 hours ago, 2009GMC said:

I have a solid fold 2.0. Are you supposed to keep the 3 large foam blocks on the bottom? Then when it’s fully open it sits on the foam blocks and doesn’t lay flat?

I have mixed feelings on mine. Seems like an ok cover but for 800 it could be better. I’ve noticed impressions in the top that show when it’s wet. It isn’t water tight but pretty water resistant. It moves around a bit in the rear side to side because of road vibrations and the rear spring clamps.

The good: seems to wear well in intense sunny climates (from what I’ve read). Insulated panels are hot on top but barely warm on bottom on a 100+ day. Easy to remove and fairly lightweight at 60lbs.

Not to derail thread but wanted your thoughts since you owned a few. What other are you considering?

Keep the foam blocks.

i have used two Leer trilogy and they both ended up getting dents in them for no reason. Apparently the inside of them break down and looks like hail damage.

i haven’t had any problems with mine moving around.  Just don’t overtighten it in the front because that can create big divots from pulling down from the underside. 

I dont like any that can be opened using a connecting rope from the underside because they are easy to break into with a clothes hanger 

Edited by JacobC1983

Keep the foam blocks.

i have used two Leer trilogy and they both ended up getting dents in them for no reason. Apparently the inside of them break down and looks like hail damage.

i haven’t had any problems with mine moving around.  Just don’t overtighten it in the front because that can create big divots from pulling down from the underside. 

I dont like any that can be opened using a connecting rope from the underside because they are easy to break into with a clothes hanger 

Thanks for the info!

1 minute ago, steve841 said:

Basically, what had to come apart? Do you recall wiring?

Ya know, everything LMAO

I took apart the plastic that surrounds all the wiring connected to the windshield. It comes apart very easily. There is a center section with louvres that you pull straight down. And the outer plastic part pulls around the wiring harnesses in a way that is parallel to the windshield.

i connected the wiretap to the plug that is closest to the passenger side nearest the dash. Red to red and black to black. It went in very easily. 

9 minutes ago, steve841 said:

Im gonna check it out.

Thanks!

I have done this on several trucks... it doesn’t make you feel good tearing apart new plastic trim but this install was pretty easy. Just go slow and take your time. Use a flashlight to get a good idea of how it all clicks together .

Edited by JacobC1983