2019 GMC Sierra SLT 6.2L quick thoughts

On 9/25/2018 at 11:05 AM, JacobC1983 said:

I took apart the plastic that surrounds all the wiring connected to the windshield. It comes apart very easily. There is a center section with louvres that you pull straight down. And the outer plastic part pulls around the wiring harnesses in a way that is parallel to the windshield.

i connected the wiretap to the plug that is closest to the passenger side nearest the dash. Red to red and black to black. It went in very easily. 

Thanks for the guidance! 

My Valentine One is back in its proper place!

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, TXGREEK said:

On your gmc website or local dealers

Some dealerships sell it cheaper

Sent from Above

Thanks, I didn't realized it was that one. I'd really like to find just a flat one without separate areas. 

Thanks, I didn't realized it was that one. I'd really like to find just a flat one without separate areas. 

You’d be surprised to what’s out there if you just Google it

Sent from Above
  • Haha 1

Ya, because I never did that. Super helpful.

Mostly, researching it has to do with the way you word it. You can also just go on your GM app (that’s if you’ve downloaded it and setup, entered your vin#), click on accessories and there you’ll see a ton of things available for your specific truck. You can even just go on the GM Direct website https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/accessories
Usually finding even cheaper prices. Good luck!

Sent from Above

38 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Mostly, researching it has to do with the way you word it. You can also just go on your GM app (that’s if you’ve downloaded it and setup, entered your vin#), click on accessories and there you’ll see a ton of things available for your specific truck. You can even just go on the GM Direct website https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/accessories
Usually finding even cheaper prices. Good luck!

Sent from Above

I've found this site to be less expensive.    Shop Chevy Parts.

• Like 1

I forgot I even made this thread.  I still own this truck.

It has been in the dealership for several software updates, leaky window, clicking noises (that it still does, its the brakes).  And several recalls.

Overall I still like the truck. Thinking about trading it on a Sierra Denali.

19 hours ago, Blong7328 said:

What dealer did you buy from?  I bought a 2016 from Laura Buick GMC my last 2019 I bought from Dave Sinclair South County.  I am in the Farmington mo area about 60 miles south of STL.

I bought my 2019 from Laura

I had bought a 2017 and then a 2018 from Laura and intended to trade for a 2019 there but Laura sent me an email price generated from my signing up for their PriceWatch service and then they would not honor that price. Never expected that from them after the previous great experiences.  

I might still check their pricing on future buys but I will proceed with an over-abundance of caution after this wake up call to their new bait and switch business plan.

I was able to find a better deal here locally on the truck that I wanted so the 2019 has been secured and is parked in my garage. So far the 19 seems to have almost everything that the GM truck guys were asking for. Push button start/vents in the back/HUD etc etc and it has some nifty extra cameras The 6.2 matched to the 10 speed seems very smooth over the approx 250 miles so far. My 2017 6.2 8 spd had some minor low speed clunk. My 2018 6.2 8 spd was better but would have an occasional low speed hiccup also. The 2019 is definitely an improvement over the previous model.