In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Need input

My truck is a 2016 Gmc Sierra 2500 hd.  I want to put new rims on it and more but not overly aggressive tires on it.  I was thinking about a 3 inch lift or just a leveling kit on it.  However, my issue is that I pull a fifth wheel with it and do not want to kill my clearance from my bed to the trailer when hitched.  So, a couple questions...

1. If I did nothing to my truck, what is the max size semi aggressive tire I can put on without rubbing? Current stock is 265 70 r17.

2. Could I still do a leveling or small lift and be safe with a 5th wheel? 

3. What offset will give me about a 1/2inch of the tire sticking out?  

Im new to this stuff so plz dumb it down when you reply. ;)  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By KT47
      I’m looking for the best 6 inch lift for this truck. I talked to a local suspension shop for an install and they spooked me on Rough Country - they stopped installing them due to poor quality and many after install problems.
      would very much appreciate any and all input - truck is a brand new build and I want to do it right.
    • By Ronjon
      Does anyone have experience with belltech lift kits? I've seen plenty of positive reviews from their lowering kits. They've been in the suspension industry for a while, just not so much the trail or lift side.

Long travel is the end goal, but a $700 coilover kit with a 5 yr warranty vs an extended strut sounds more functional.

I'm considering the adjustable 3-4" lift coilovers, part #15203. 

-Helper spring
      -60mm damper body
      -35mm independent valves
      -20mm piston rod

I've got a 2020 z71 with the 3.0 Duramax for those needing an image to work with.
      Still exploring UCA options. 35*12.5r17 will be the tire size.
      Probably going to order them next month.
    • By Joshsvoboda
      Was wondering if it was ok to put a strut spacer on top of a loaded strut. I have 2016 z71 and put a 2inch level load strut on truck. I am looking to maybe go a little higher. Would like to do 3 in front and 1 inch in back. Can I add a 1inch spacer to front? Also should I get an aftermarket control arm if am going to 3 inches? 
    • By Taylormade_Hero
      If anyone has any experience with my situation please feel free to comment with any tips or your own experiences. I have 3" front 2" rear level on my 2018 silverado. I left everything else stock in the suspension and after about 30k miles I now have completely blown my CV joints. I will be replacing the CV axels, UCA's (recommendations?), and installing a differential drop kit this weekend. Hopefully this helps relieve the angles of the ball joints and CV axel. I've never done a diff drop before so wish me luck. Hopefully it's not too terrible of an install.

• By Ronjon
      As the title says, post your long travel set up with the who and why! I'm tired of not being able to find long travel builds to copy off of. Custom or bolt on, doesn't matter. Post pictures of the before and after glass sides if you got them.
      If a thread like this already exists please share below or if you have a thread for your build. Hopefully this gets some serious attention for the full size community, the Toyotas get all the long travel attention.