And I Thought the 2019 T1 Plastic Hood Release Lever was Cheap...

I just ran across this video of a 2018 Ford Raptor.

The video poster goes to change the oil and discovers the pan & plug are plastic.

The plug breaks on his first attempt at removal. Sheesh i though 2019 Silverado and Sierra plastic hood release

levers were cheap. 70k plus for a Raptor, and you get a plastic oil pan with plastic drain plug :loser:

FF to about 3 min mark for drain plug failure

1 hour ago, SAMS819 said:

Wow, A plastic oil pan and plug. What will they think of next? A plastic Hood Release?   Also the gauge s look awful bland to me for a $70,000 truck.  Just saying.:D

They changed the design to metal oil pan and drain plug mid year. I just bought a 2018 Raptor and mine has the metal pan and plug. Here's my bland Raptor.

raptor.jpg

Edited by chevyloco

3 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

Bad ass raptor but I just can’t get over the Tacoma exhaust sound. And I’m not a hate V6 guy but the sound that comes out of he baddest truck on the market is just awful 

Another reason to steer clear from Ford. It is funny to hear dual exhaust on a V6! :loser:

Sadly, GM is following in their footsteps with the new Turbo V4 in the Silverado.

Hold onto and love your V8's while you can. 

On 9/3/2018 at 11:05 AM, chevyloco said:

They changed the design to metal oil pan and drain plug mid year. I just bought a 2018 Raptor and mine has the metal pan and plug. Here's my bland Raptor.

raptor.jpg

I really like the new Raptors.  They are awesome looking.  Nice truck

I’m a big V-8 guy myself, but unfortunately I think the v-6 twin turbo idea is catching on in a big way.

Shopping for a new truck the last couple weeks(lease on my 15 Denali is up in 3 weeks), and I went and drove my first F150 Saturday with the 3.5 twin turbo V-6, and I have to admit, it is mighty impressive..very quick and 470ft-lbs of torque at 3500 rpms is no joke!  Very Nice all around truck for sure.  

Gonna go drive the new 19 Denali as soon as My dealer gets one in...and see what kind of deal I can get on one...we’ll see if they want to deal, cuz if not I may end up in a king ranch lol....

10 minutes ago, Winterwolf said:

I’m a big V-8 guy myself, but unfortunately I think the v-6 twin turbo idea is catching on in a big way.

Shopping for a new truck the last couple weeks(lease on my 15 Denali is up in 3 weeks), and I went and drove my first F150 Saturday with the 3.5 twin turbo V-6, and I have to admit, it is mighty impressive..very quick and 470ft-lbs of torque at 3500 rpms is no joke!  Very Nice all around truck for sure.  

Gonna go drive the new 19 Denali as soon as My dealer gets one in...and see what kind of deal I can get on one...we’ll see if they want to deal, cuz if not I may end up in a king ranch lol....

As I have said before.... 

Be happy while throwing your hard or easy earned money at a truck payment.

You should feel no regret making the payment, regardless of the brand. :thumbs:

Just now, Sierra Dan said:

As I have said before.... 

Be happy while throwing your hard or easy earned money at a truck payment.

You should feel no regret making the payment, regardless of the brand. :thumbs:

Absolutely agree Dan.  In this case it’s hard earned lol....

If I like the way the new 19 Denali’s drive and ride..I’d like to get into one if I can find/make a decent deal.

I went and drove the F150 cuz I’ve never owned/drove an F150, and like I said I don’t think I’d be disappointed with it, if that’s the road I ended up taking...it’s a very solid truck.  

IMO the big 3(GM, Ford and Ram) are all solid and nice trucks now a days!!  They all have their positives,  and negatives/problems...from time to time.  

7 minutes ago, Winterwolf said:

Absolutely agree Dan.  In this case it’s hard earned lol....

If I like the way the new 19 Denali’s drive and ride..I’d like to get into one if I can find/make a decent deal.

I went and drove the F150 cuz I’ve never owned/drove an F150, and like I said I don’t think I’d be disappointed with it, if that’s the road I ended up taking...it’s a very solid truck.  

IMO the big 3(GM, Ford and Ram) are all solid and nice trucks now a days!!  They all have their positives,  and negatives/problems...from time to time.  

From what I have read and seen on review videos, the Denali does not ride as comfortable even with the Dynamic Suspension that replaced Magnetic Ride Control.

Probably due to the 22's and low profile tires.

It does look like several versions of the Denali are available and would probably ride better with a 20" wheel/tire combo, so make sure you note that on your test drive.