And I Thought the 2019 T1 Plastic Hood Release Lever was Cheap...

4 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

I'm just saying...………  :rolleyes:

Before calling out GM for Shaking and Clunky Transmissions, make sure your Brand of Truck is not currently involved in a recall!

Ford also had to replace many Plastic Oil Pans In the Raptors due to warping and leaking.

Guess your a gm fanboy. I'm not brand loyal, I've owned them all and Ford was my pick for the best drive train. I would rather have a truck with a smooth shifting transmission than be stuck with clunky shaking gm truck. My recall was fixed in 30 minutes. Whens yours gonna get fixed? Uh, never. And my truck has a metal oil pan so I'm good to go.

16 minutes ago, chevyloco said:

Guess your a gm fanboy. I'm not brand loyal, I've owned them all and Ford was my pick for the best drive train. I would rather have a truck with a smooth shifting transmission than be stuck with clunky shaking gm truck. My recall was fixed in 30 minutes. Whens yours gonna get fixed? Uh, never. And my truck has a metal oil pan so I'm good to go.

Brand loyal has nothing to do with the fact that ALL automotive manufacturers have defects and problems with their automobiles.

My daily driver is a 2000 Ford Taurus with over 275,000 miles.... with its fair share of issues along the way.

I just thought it was ironic you left GM for Ford because of certain mechanical issues.

Call me what you want. I have no problem admitting that GM trucks have problems but it is not going to make me abandon ship knowing there is no perfect world out there.

I just point to the facts. Recently leaving GM for a Ford only to have it recalled would make me think "damn, I just jumped out of the frying pan into the fire".

Fact now is that Ford has recalled 2 million F150s for ratcheting mechanisms that can cause the seatbelt to catch fire.

Another Fact...…. Many 2019 GM T1 trucks just produced weeks ago are still sitting on the staging lots in Fort Wayne Indiana due to "wavy" windshields.

Third fact, Right now my truck is fixed, has zero issues.

Bottom line is..... when these manufacturers find fault and take corrective action to solve the problems.....  This is what counts :thumbs:

54 minutes ago, chevyloco said:

Yes Sierra Dan is a huge GM homer. ?But at the same time he brings good info as well. I do have to say that all trucks have issues. A simple run down of the 2015+ f150 General boards yields 8-10 different problems. From clunking , to water in the cab , transmission whistle , to doors that don’t open in the cold... point is no one is prefect. I think we all know that. Go with what you think looks best and or best bang for the buck.   They are all fairly evenly matched up for 2019. As far as capability goes the ford technically is ahead. As they have most payload and most towing. The towing part is semi close to the others but the 3200lbs payload is impressive. 

Anyone have real info on frame thickness ? 

• Like 1