2020HD Wish List

I have been upgrading my truck around every 3 years which means I hope to be trading in my 2017 2500HD High Country Duramax for the new design (getting at least 3500 maybe drw).  With that being said they will have to check at least a couple things off my list or I may just wait. Here’s my list, curious what everyone else is looking for.

I want more factory trailering tech ie. Third tail light camera, 360 camera, blind spot monitoring (we don’t even have that without a trailer while ford offers it with trailer compensation) I know some of this can be added thru 3rd party dealer installed but I want a factory option

Rear seat climate control or at least their own vents

rear heated seats

Adaptive cruise

led lighting (looks like that is pretty much guaranteed at this point)

power telescoping mirrors (the current mirrors are perfectly fine I just want power telescope)

Some sort of update to the mylink display/interface and features

Much higher payload and max trailering...my truck has less than 2200lb payload :uhoh: (I firmly believe gm is grossly underestimating these trucks capabilities)

Zero chance but would be nice:

Mega Cab equivalent 

airbag suspension option 

Fuel filter heater (I was under my truck in -20 windchill this winter with a hair dryer on my filter for about 40 mins because of some bad diesel)

Lets hear what you think!

I've been a GM owner my whole life and this list you compiled is the reason I just ordered a 2019 F-250 gas. I waited to see if these options were on the 2019 1500's and they were not, and usually they get the goodies first and then are passed onto the GM 3/4 ton trucks. Even if you compare a fully loaded top of the line GMC Denali to the offerings of F-250 Lariat (which is not Ford's top of the line truck), they don't even compare.  I'm really disappointed with the current GM offerings, especially at these price points. I'm sure there's going to be others who are going to jump ship also and start to look at other brands. Just my 2 cents though.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, brclark82 said:

I have been upgrading my truck around every 3 years which means I hope to be trading in my 2017 2500HD High Country Duramax for the new design (getting at least 3500 maybe drw).  With that being said they will have to check at least a couple things off my list or I may just wait. Here’s my list, curious what everyone else is looking for.

I want more factory trailering tech ie. Third tail light camera, 360 camera, blind spot monitoring (we don’t even have that without a trailer while ford offers it with trailer compensation) I know some of this can be added thru 3rd party dealer installed but I want a factory option

The new 1500 has blind spot, 360 camera and the third brake light camera that works with the camera rear view mirror.  I don't know if GM's new blind spot functions with trailer attached like Ford.

The new 1500 has shown this feature

rear heated seats

The new 1500 has them available on LTZ/High Country

The new 1500 has the new Chevy Infotainment 3 system.  Three all new radios/interfaces.

Much higher payload and max trailering...my truck has less than 2200lb payload :uhoh: (I firmly believe gm is grossly underestimating these trucks capabilities)

Go 1 ton. 

We can already answer some of these because of the 1/2 ton.  See red above. 

Edited by newdude

11 hours ago, C/K Man said:

Big gas engine, hopefully mated to an Allison transmission.  

Things I like about the Ram HD's are the heavy duty commercial seat option and all the available paint colors.

I hope this shows up behind the Duramax:  https://www.truckinginfo.com/142381/allison-to-bring-9-speed-automatic-transmission-to-market-by-2020

• Thanks 1

I haven’t really paid too close attention to the 1/2 tons so it is encouraging to hear at least some of my wanted list has been added, I’m sure we will see them in the 20’s then. A new tranny would be cool if I got better mileage but honestly they don’t have to change a thing about the Duramax/Allison and I’d still be happy. 

I will definitely be getting a 1 ton next time but that’s what I’m referring to.  I looked at actual payload capacities of high end loaded 1 ton drw’s and the Ford and Ram were still almost 1000lbs higher payload.

On 9/3/2018 at 8:44 PM, brclark82 said:

rear heated seats

Adaptive cruise

led lighting (looks like that is pretty much guaranteed at this point)

power telescoping mirrors (the current mirrors are perfectly fine I just want power telescope)

Zero chance but would be nice:

Mega Cab equivalent 

airbag suspension option 

Fuel filter heater (I was under my truck in -20 windchill this winter with a hair dryer on my filter for about 40 mins because of some bad diesel)

Lets hear what you think!

I highlighted the 2 wildcards we don't know about yet. The other things should be available since they're on the 1500s. I purchased a 2017 F250 gas and enjoy the updated tech and features. Hoping GM will add the things you mentioned, along with rain sense wipers, power adjustable pedals and put the turn signals back into the side mirrors. That is also helpful to others when towing or hauling.

• 3 weeks later...

Big gas engine matted to the Allison trans, as stated above. Gas milage for the 1/2 tons, power and capability for the 3/4 and 1 tons. Get rid of the ordering loop holes that only allow the best engines in the highest trim levels. Same with the stereo, would be nice to get premium sound in vinyl trimmed interior with good sound protection.

I would Love to see a All Terrain HD and 2500HD/3500HD Gas to 427 LS1 32V 6.2L engine that has 36 gal tank along with 8 to 10 speed transmissions with 12" or 11.5" rear end axle bigger axle as long some front bigger thicker CV join axle under 4x4 that is under 3.73 gear with some independence rear double 5 inch wide by 1 and 1/2 coil spring with double 3 inch Fox shocks with resrves suspension system doing 100MPH right at 2,000RPM at east along with 30,000 lbs with 1 inch thick airbags system that can adjust height stress from 2 and half to 6 inch on a 285/65/20 tire and rim ratio. Bigger control lower and upper arms that are 5 inch wide and 2 and half thick and tie rods and links side of 1 inch thick you know Something more heavier duty as a tank that doesn't quit on us. Something more Manley  :driving:

• 2 weeks later...