2020HD Wish List

On 10/15/2018 at 2:19 PM, newdude said:

Bigger than the 36 gallons they offer now on all cabs? 

Yes.  Did they bump it up?  They have 36 gallons on all cabs?  When did they change that, last I heard it was 26 gallons for the short beds still.  Also thought they had 34 gallons max like my '09 long bed.  Either way there should be an option for over 50, especially on the long beds.

*edit*

Interesting they did bump it up to 36 gallons.  Well that's a good start anyway.

Edited by Chevyguy85

3 hours ago, Chevyguy85 said:

Yes.  Did they bump it up?  They have 36 gallons on all cabs?  When did they change that, last I heard it was 26 gallons for the short beds still.  Also thought they had 34 gallons max like my '09 long bed.  Either way there should be an option for over 50, especially on the long beds.

*edit*

Interesting they did bump it up to 36 gallons.  Well that's a good start anyway.

2011 when they launched the new frame. 

• Like 2

Yes, for towing purposes alone a 50gal tank would be nice especially when you are getting less than 8 mpg with the gas option. More cameras are needed and if the new 6.6 with Allison 9 speed could up the MPG 2 to 3 mpg that would be awesome. 500 mile range is all I need .Definitely following developments on this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
A multi-link solid front axle - enough with pandering to the mall cruising crowd, IFS has no business in Trucks.

GM has been IFS since, what, 88? From my experience they are easier to service and very durable. Better than replacing track bars every 30k, IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, kstruckcountry said:

GM has been IFS since, what, 88? From my experience they are easier to service and very durable. Better than replacing track bars every 30k, IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

And that is why a GM is not seen as a serious hd truck, those that need hd trucks that do more than mall /trailer cruise buy Ford or Dodge Ram.

their ifs has always been light duty, right down to the pencil sized tie rod ends.

21 hours ago, WilliamBos said:

And that is why a GM is not seen as a serious hd truck, those that need hd trucks that do more than mall /trailer cruise buy Ford or Dodge Ram.

their ifs has always been light duty, right down to the pencil sized tie rod ends.

Whatever you say, chief. 

RH trailering mirror to have just a bit more extension travel.

Power extend mirrors

Had lane assist on my '17, nice feature

Had blind spot detection on my '11 Yukon Denali, nice feature

GM has great tech, But they never give the HD's half what the 1500's get or SUV line options.

L5P is a great towing package, made even better by the Banks Derringer. hope the '20 makeover has at least the level of power Banks is producing (smog legal) 

Bring back Mineral Metalic

Offer a nice bright/electric Blue

OK thats what I want to see........

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:57 PM, WilliamBos said:

2011+up IFS is way more capable than the older ones.  Same FGAWR as Ford and Ram HD.  Its a wash 2011+up.  Comes down to ride comfort, handling, etc.  We change a lot less parts on GM IFS vs. any Fords or Rams we see here. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2018 at 4:17 PM, WilliamBos said:

A multi-link solid front axle - enough with pandering to the mall cruising crowd, IFS has no business in Trucks.

Got to LOL at the solid front axle comment. Way to live in the 80's.  Bet you have a bad ass mullet still :lol:  just kidding.   International (Navistar Defense) builds military vehicles with IFS and they have a max GVWR of 34 tons.   Trophy trucks use IFS and they been winning the baja 1000 for years.   I've driven SFA Fords, Rams & GM 250s-650s.   I've NEVER had a death wobble in a IFS GM solid axle GM yes.  We have 4500 Rams at work.  Ones a 13 and the others an 18 and with a plow on they BOTH have death wobbled at least once a season.   So exactly how are SFA's SUPERIOR if they still can't stop the death wobbles???  I mean in 50+ years of engineering they still cannot stop them. 

Edited by DaBomb6988
Grammer

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-09-03 at 10:01 PM, plumbob98 said:

I've been a GM owner my whole life and this list you compiled is the reason I just ordered a 2019 F-250 gas. I waited to see if these options were on the 2019 1500's and they were not, and usually they get the goodies first and then are passed onto the GM 3/4 ton trucks. Even if you compare a fully loaded top of the line GMC Denali to the offerings of F-250 Lariat (which is not Ford's top of the line truck), they don't even compare.  I'm really disappointed with the current GM offerings, especially at these price points. I'm sure there's going to be others who are going to jump ship also and start to look at other brands. Just my 2 cents though.

I did so last year, but it was a Ram that won me over.  The folks at GM are so out of touch with their grass roots customers that it sickens me.

Was a life long GM supporter, not anymore.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WilliamBos said:

I did so last year, but it was a Ram that won me over.  The folks at GM are so out of touch with their grass roots customers that it sickens me.

Was a life long GM supporter, not anymore.

I couldn't agree more WilliamBos! I'm so glad I didn't wait for the new release of the H.D., it's by far the ugliest truck I've seen. The Super Duty is treating me well and I hope your Ram is doing the same!!

• Thanks 1

On 2018-11-22 at 10:48 AM, DaBomb6988 said:

Got to LOL at the solid front axle comment. Way to live in the 80's.  Bet you have a bad ass mullet still :lol:  just kidding.   International (Navistar Defense) builds military vehicles with IFS and they have a max GVWR of 34 tons.   Trophy trucks use IFS and they been winning the baja 1000 for years.   I've driven SFA Fords, Rams & GM 250s-650s.   I've NEVER had a death wobble in a IFS GM solid axle GM yes.  We have 4500 Rams at work.  Ones a 13 and the others an 18 and with a plow on they BOTH have death wobbled at least once a season.   So exactly how are SFA's SUPERIOR if they still can't stop the death wobbles???  I mean in 50+ years of engineering they still cannot stop them. 

Guess you have not noticed that Ram or Ford still use solid front axles... or that the new medium duty uses a solid front axle and a gear driven transfer case.  Oh wait, the chassis is all Navistar, not a wimpy GM chassis.