2006 6.0 Cranks but won't run after new oil pressure switch installed

I was looking for the fuel pressure regulator but not seeing it on the fuel rail on either side. Is it built into the fuel pump. According to the VIN decoder, this is a 6.0L LS2?

I'll take a couple pics and post them tonight.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, that makes sense it's part of the pump.

The guy at Advanced Auto asked if the pump had 1 or 3 lines attached to it. I'm thinking there is only one due to the fact that the FPR is in the pump.

I'm planning on pulling a plug tonight and giving a visual, but when I sprayed some "Engine Start" into the throttle body it chugged, so I'm assuming there is spark.

I also don't smell any gas at the tail pipe after several failed attempts to start.

They are all plugged (I found a bunch of crap covering the screens in all my old injectors when I replaced them), or the electrical side isn't working.  Maybe check that your fuses are all good (check ALL of them, as I've found fuses blown that affect things I wouldn't expect them to), then check if you are getting a signal to one of the injectors (noid light or a better electrical tester than a basic multimeter), then check continuity between the injector electrical plugs and the plug on the ecm.

• 2 weeks later...

Where is the Camshaft position sensor on this thing. Some one said beside the starter, one said in the front, some say under the intake manifold, and some said in the back on the top next to the oil pressure sensor.

2006 Silverado 2500 HD 6.0L LS2 gas 2 wheel drive crew cab. According to the VIN decoder.