Eibach Pro Truck Lift Kit Installed (Step by step of install)

10 hours ago, Waterfowler41 said:

I will say their instruction could be a little more clear. The mounting positions when your using the eibach springs result in completely different heights than when you run the struts with OEM springs so I can see how the tech got confused.

Glad they worked out!

Waterfowler 41’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brittmork

Could you do me a favor the next time you're under the truck, and measure the distance from the bottom of the spring seat to the bottom of the strut.  I wonder what that is compared to my Bilstein 5100 at factory setting.

eibach.JPG

Edited by pewterliftedz

Could you do me a favor the next time you're under the truck, and measure the distance from the bottom of the spring seat to the bottom of the strut.  I wonder what that is compared to my Bilstein 5100 at factory setting.
eibach.JPG.1c06fdd84609fe217b1f63ee86b64c9e.JPG

Will do when i get home but keep in mind the eibach spring is taller than OEM so depending on what you’re trying to compare it may not be apples to apples.bedbe78b320ddb2e4dc24cb830e4aed3.jpg

3 minutes ago, Waterfowler41 said:

Will do when i get home but keep in mind the eibach spring is taller than OEM so depending on what you’re trying to compare it may not be apples to apples.bedbe78b320ddb2e4dc24cb830e4aed3.jpg

Yup, I'm trying to get an idea of the spring seat setting that you have compared to my 5100s (We are both on the lowest setting on the strut).  I may be ordering the Eibach springs soon to replace my factory springs, and "hopefully" ditch my Superlift spacer.

14 minutes ago, pewterliftedz said:

Yup, I'm trying to get an idea of the spring seat setting that you have compared to my 5100s (We are both on the lowest setting on the strut).  I may be ordering the Eibach springs soon to replace my factory springs, and "hopefully" ditch my Superlift spacer.

10-4. I'll try and grab a measurement on lunch today.

It seems there aren't very many parts reused from the existing coil over assembly.  Is it worth pulling the factory assembly apart to salvage them, or would it be better to just buy a few more new parts and assemble the new coil overs prior to installation?  Anybody price out the extra parts?  This way you just pull the old assembly and pop in the new one.

Edited by Mike GMC

1 hour ago, Mike GMC said:

It seems there aren't very many parts reused from the existing coil over assembly.  Is it worth pulling the factory assembly apart to salvage them, or would it be better to just buy a few more new parts and assemble the new coil overs prior to installation?  Anybody price out the extra parts?  This way you just pull the old assembly and pop in the new one.

It would probably be easier to buy a set of used coilover take-offs from craigslist or something.  You can probably pick them up cheap, or maybe even a local shop that does lift kits.

Edited by pewterliftedz

4 hours ago, pewterliftedz said:

It would probably be easier to buy a set of used coilover take-offs from craigslist or something.  You can probably pick them up cheap, or maybe even a local shop that does lift kits.

I don't think you gain anything by buying all new parts or finding donors.  I just tried to price it out on Rockauto and you're well over $100 per side to do this and that's not all the parts. At that point might as well go with a preassembled option from Fox. 

If you go the donor route you'll need the entire strut assembly so you're still stuck breaking down a strut with compressors to reinstall on the Eibachs, at that point might as well just use whats already on your truck. Same amount of work. 

I agree about the donors, no work saved plus you're still installing old parts.   At $100 per side I would probably just get all new stuff, but much more is probably too much for me.  I'm surprised Eibach doesn't off a complete unit preassembled as an option, maybe it's because you have choices in how to set the snap ring. The fox 2.0 units are interesting, but they are way more money.

About 5 1/4”c901ae50463acf6d2e2c2b9f1dbf9007.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just got the new tires mounted after leveling... love the ride (the eibach kit makes it ride so much better than the stock rancho's, love the look... very happy... bfg ko2 275/65/20 on stock wheels, zero rubbingabd320a3c66d63904adf44722b609c35.jpg4ec7b4b78a51f7e548837fe325f2937d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Edited by bcj001
  • Like 5

On 10/19/2018 at 6:37 PM, Waterfowler41 said:

About 5 1/4”c901ae50463acf6d2e2c2b9f1dbf9007.jpg

Went out to measure mine today, and it looks to be 5".  I think I'm going to order the Eibach spings in a couple of months, and try them out on the 5100 shocks.  My end goal would be to delete my lift spacer, and run just the spring and 5100 combo.

Do the install instructions specify lift height at the different settings?  Or better yet does anyone have the install instructions?

Yes they do, look on their website. I literally just threw them out.

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2018 at 8:57 PM, pewterliftedz said:

Went out to measure mine today, and it looks to be 5".  I think I'm going to order the Eibach spings in a couple of months, and try them out on the 5100 shocks.  My end goal would be to delete my lift spacer, and run just the spring and 5100 combo.

You ever try this?  I'd be interested in the results.  2.5" lift for the front is too much for me, but if the Bilsteins put the spring perch lower it may only be 2" lift.  

Ideally Eibach makes a slightly softer spring that would work with the 5100's for 1.5" front lift.

On 12/6/2018 at 8:39 AM, Yondu said:

You ever try this?  I'd be interested in the results.  2.5" lift for the front is too much for me, but if the Bilsteins put the spring perch lower it may only be 2" lift.  

Ideally Eibach makes a slightly softer spring that would work with the 5100's for 1.5" front lift.

No I haven't, realistically it'll be spring before I mess with it.