Eibach Pro Truck Lift Kit Installed (Step by step of install)

So I ordered my kit from Summit on 3/12. They told me it would be in by 4/6. After many delays they're now saying 6/28 at the earliest. I went and found the same kit on Autoanything and they shipped it the next day. It will be in this week. I also got a 2" rear block and UCAs. I'm trying to decide if I want to run this on the lowest setting or the next notch up. I want it to have around 1/2" of rear rake.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2018 at 7:18 PM, bcj001 said:

Just got the new tires mounted after leveling... love the ride (the eibach kit makes it ride so much better than the stock rancho's, love the look... very happy... bfg ko2 275/65/20 on stock wheels, zero rubbingabd320a3c66d63904adf44722b609c35.jpg4ec7b4b78a51f7e548837fe325f2937d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Good looking AT 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Those black wheels really look nice with red. The Falken Wildpeak A/T's  look nice and are a hell of a deal. I think Waterfowler had Method Wheels and had issues on corrosion. I'd keep an eye on them living in the midwest with salt. 

Great job Waterfowler doing that video on Eibach. I was going to go with that setup , but went with the Bilstein 6112's at last minute when I found them in stock. 

• Like 1

Those black wheels really look nice with red. The Falken Wildpeak A/T's  look nice and are a hell of a deal. I think Waterfowler had Method Wheels and had issues on corrosion. I'd keep an eye on them living in the midwest with salt. 

Great job Waterfowler doing that video on Eibach. I was going to go with that setup , but went with the Bilstein 6112's at last minute when I found them in stock. 

Yup had some rusty rim bolts on my methods, 8 months and replaced them twice.

Waterfowler 41’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brittmork

Hope the write up is helping out with swapping shocks!

Has anyone removed the struts themselves and taken them somewhere to have a shop install the springs on the new struts? Curious what the going rate for that work is.

18 hours ago, lonewanderer812 said:

Thank you for this writeup and video. I followed it for my install. What a difference this kit made. I also changed control arms, end links and swapped in a 2" rear block. 

Hey @lonewanderer812 Truck looks awesome! What control arms did you end up getting (just upper)? Is there a reason why you changed your end links? And are you running the kit in lowest setting (2.5" lift) or 1 notch up (3.2" lift)? 

I replaced the end links because supposedly the Moogs are way better than the ac delcos and they were only around $20 for the set. The truck has 40k miles on it and the end links had to come apart anyway so I figured why not. They do seem nicer but can't comment on how much it helped since I did it all at once. I went with the Rough Country forged upper control arms. For $250 they seem like a good deal and look a lot better than stock and the ball joint angle is flat. I ended up running them on the lowest setting of 2.5". It gave me a total lift of 2.75 at the time of install so they might settle a little. It sat mathmatically level but looked nose high so I'm really glad I went with the rear block as well. When I got done with the rear I was showing a good half inch or so of rear rake which looks perfect for me.

I will say everything I did to it made the truck handle a million times better. There is no slop in the steering and it soaks up bumps and rebounds infinitely better than the stock setup. 

As far as the struts, I did not do them myself. I took the old ones to a guy I know at a shop and had him take apart and assemble the new ones for me for $50. They have a nice wall mount one and I'd rather pay the few extra bucks and not worry about messing with auto store rental compressors. 

• Like 2

Lone Wanderer. Like the stance. What size rims and tires? Offset? I can't tell if the tires are bigger or maybe you have negative offset. I'm shopping for rims and tires. Thx

I replaced the end links because supposedly the Moogs are way better than the ac delcos and they were only around $20 for the set. The truck has 40k miles on it and the end links had to come apart anyway so I figured why not. They do seem nicer but can't comment on how much it helped since I did it all at once. I went with the Rough Country forged upper control arms. For $250 they seem like a good deal and look a lot better than stock and the ball joint angle is flat. I ended up running them on the lowest setting of 2.5". It gave me a total lift of 2.75 at the time of install so they might settle a little. It sat mathmatically level but looked nose high so I'm really glad I went with the rear block as well. When I got done with the rear I was showing a good half inch or so of rear rake which looks perfect for me.

I will say everything I did to it made the truck handle a million times better. There is no slop in the steering and it soaks up bumps and rebounds infinitely better than the stock setup. 

As far as the struts, I did not do them myself. I took the old ones to a guy I know at a shop and had him take apart and assemble the new ones for me for $50. They have a nice wall mount one and I'd rather pay the few extra bucks and not worry about messing with auto store rental compressors. 

I called rough country and they told me those forged control arms won’t with 2.5” lift. Sounds like you are having good success with them? This could be a game changer. They are decently priced.

Can you share some pictures of your upper control arm angles? I’m curious how the upper ball joint looks into your wheel hub.

On 2019-05-06 at 11:28 AM, BugzzyZ71 said:

I love the eibach pro truck kit 

I couldn’t be happier with the ride and look 

71E46F40-AEB0-4FCC-A82F-6159706ED8ED.jpeg

Did you update the springs too if not which notch did you set it for a level, just got my front shocks this week after a long wait.

On 5/21/2019 at 6:03 PM, Codman67 said:

Did you update the springs too if not which notch did you set it for a level, just got my front shocks this week after a long wait.

Yes I did the springs too 

Sits pretty much dead even now 

• 3 weeks later...

I’m very interested in buying this kit for my 14 AT. I already have the rough country front level kit and was wondering if I could keep it on there with this eibach kit to get another inch.  Anybody have any thoughts?