Continental Terraincontact A/T reviews

Druder

I'm looking to replace the horrible stock tires, my goal was to get through the summer when I pound miles on and I've done that so now I'm looking at tires. I've settled on these newer Continentals and I've read the Tirerack reviews but I wanted to see if anyone in our community has tried them. I live in New England so it will be four season use and some off road but nothing crazy. I will be putting 5100s on and stepping up to a 265/70r18 so only slightly bigger than stock but much more affordable. If anyone has any experience please feel free to share. I feel that the slight drop in mileage is more than worth the sterling ratings I've seen thusfar.

Go for the Falken Wildpeak AT3W.  Best overall AT tire.  Great value,  great traction in pouring rain, great traction offroad, great traction on road, 60k mileage warranty...I could keep going but point is, these are the best

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, btj_z71 said:

Go for the Falken Wildpeak AT3W.  Best overall AT tire.  Great value,  great traction in pouring rain, great traction offroad, great traction on road, 60k mileage warranty...I could keep going but point is, these are the best

Seems like a decent tire and I can get them for the same money give or take. I wasn't really aware of them because Tirerack doesn't offer them in the stock size nor the size I want. The only thing that would sway me is that I've never had a Falken tire that didn't get greasy halfway through it's life cycle. I would have to do more research but they seem like a nice tire.

I've had mine for around 22k miles at this point and they still perform very well. Still a good amount of tread left too so, I think I'll get close to that 60k life of the tires.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Check out the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo3.  It just launched in March but is much improved over the previous Revo2.  Much better in wet, wear, and off road.  It is comfortable and quiet on the road also.  Plus it looks cooler than the Falken or Conti in my opinion.

41 minutes ago, Kubs said:

Check out the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo3.  It just launched in March but is much improved over the previous Revo2.  Much better in wet, wear, and off road.  It is comfortable and quiet on the road also.  Plus it looks cooler than the Falken or Conti in my opinion.

In March?  Wow.  This is the first I've heard of it. 

When I was getting my G015s installed at a Kal Tire last summer, I noticed they still hand a pamphlet for the original Revo.  I gave it to the guy at the counter, and was like "ugh, I don't think they make these anymore."  lol

Seems like a decent tire and I can get them for the same money give or take. I wasn't really aware of them because Tirerack doesn't offer them in the stock size nor the size I want. The only thing that would sway me is that I've never had a Falken tire that didn't get greasy halfway through it's life cycle. I would have to do more research but they seem like a nice tire.
The Falken Wildpeak AT3W is also rated for snow. It has the 3peak mountain symbol on it. Most other AT tires do not offer this.

34 minutes ago, btj_z71 said:

The Falken Wildpeak AT3W is also rated for snow. It has the 3peak mountain symbol on it. Most other AT tires do not offer this.

The BfG K02, Cooper AT3 4S, General AT/X, APT, and X3, Goodyear ATA w Kevlar and Trailrunner AT, Hankook AT-M, Kumho AT51, Sumitomo AT, and Yokohama G015 in this size all offer the 3-peak Severe Snow certification as well.  Internet says that Bridgestone RH-S, Revo3 and Firestone AT should as well, but Bridgestone doesn't rate them as such, because it doesn't want to draw away from any Blizzak sales.  

Edited by MaverickZ71
  • Like 2

Here are the Continental ATs on my truck (285/45/22).  I have about 3000 miles on them now and all of the positive reports on these tires so far are true.  Very quiet, softer ride than my Bridgestone Duelers, aggressive styling, balanced great, and awesome wear rating.  Consumer reports ranked them the best AT tire....I know I'm not a fan of CR either, but after reading the reviews, seeing them in person, and installing them, I am sold on them so far.  Here are some pics.

Continental AT_1.jpg

Continental AT_2.jpg

Continental AT_3.jpg

Edited by cansled

Here's a good review on the Continental AT's. This tire is also high up on my list to replace my stock Goodyear SRA's. My only concern is the snow performance (I live in the Pittsburgh area) which is why I am also seriously considering either the Cooper Discoverer A/T3 4S or the Falken WIldpeaks. So many choices out there, it can drive a man crazy!

https://www.minimumtread.com/continental-terraincontact-at-review.html

Here is a link to the CR report found on Continental's website comparing the AT tires including the Falken, GY, Mich, Yoko, others people are talking about:

http://www.continentaltire.com/sites/default/files/consumer-reports/CR_TerrainContact.pdf

Wait, it’s an all terrain tire test based on only on road performance? That’s different. It’s still relevant to many buyers I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's CR for you.  There are many reports of how well these tires work off-road elsewhere.  Lets face it, other than winter many of these tires will see 90% asphalt during their lifetime.  I just wanted a extra traction without sacrificing road manors.  I think these Continental Tires do a great job of meeting those demands.