Trailer Light Tester

sams819

Just saw a you tube video of a 2018 ford truck with auto start stop engine shutoff. The guy used a trailer light tester in rear trailer plug and that disabled the auto stop as the truck thought it had a trailer connected.  Wonder if this will work on the new 2019 gm trucks.

22 hours ago, SAMS819 said:

Just saw a you tube video of a 2018 ford truck with auto start stop engine shutoff. The guy used a trailer light tester in rear trailer plug and that disabled the auto stop as the truck thought it had a trailer connected.  Wonder if this will work on the new 2019 gm trucks.

The 19’ models have a disable button for the autostop on the dash. It resets each time you turn the truck off though. 

To to be honest, I didn’t like the idea but I’ve gotten used to it. It doesn’t seem to bother me at all. 

• Like 1

I have autostop on my wife's Malibu - doesn't bother me a bit... I'm not an extreme environmentalist but, if it saves me some $$ on gas I'm good with it... HOWEVER, didn't the mpg remain the same vs the K2 trucks?

19 minutes ago, Imcrazy said:

I have autostop on my wife's Malibu - doesn't bother me a bit... I'm not an extreme environmentalist but, if it saves me some $$ on gas I'm good with it... HOWEVER, didn't the mpg remain the same vs the K2 trucks?

Virtually the same.

1mpg more...

Just now, Sierra Dan said:

Virtually the same.

1mpg more...

Yeah for 1 mpg I'd pass on the stop start if I could but,  it won't keep me from buying a T1 when the time comes however, I'm probably 4 years out on a new truck so maybe by then there will be an even newer generation of trucks to consider..

4 minutes ago, Imcrazy said:

Yeah for 1 mpg I'd pass on the stop start if I could but,  it won't keep me from buying a T1 when the time comes however, I'm probably 4 years out on a new truck so maybe by then there will be an even newer generation of trucks to consider..

Let's hope they still offer a V8 in four years!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2018 at 11:04 PM, GMC-AT said:

get used to the auto start/stop... every new car/truck will have this in the next few years.. And I'm sure there will be some kind of hack to perm disable.. 

Yeah it's becoming pretty prevalent these days... As long as it doesn't affect reliability I guess I don't really care...