New tires are on my 2016 Sierra CC AT 4x4

TJay74

After some research and prodding around, the local Discount Tire gave me $125 each credit for the crappy Nitto Terra Grappler G2 tires I went with the Continental TerrainContact A/T tires in the stock 275/55-20 size. So far I have to say I am thoroughly impressed with the. While they dont look as aggressive as the Nitto tires, they still have a decent aggressive look to them. What stands out though is the wet traction, night and day difference over the Nitto tires.

Roads that I always had to baby the Nitto tires on for fear of breaking traction, or sliding around going around corners these tires hold their traction and dont break traction. I even tested them some with some dang near full throttle acceleration on some open wet roads, tires stayed planted until truck got into the meat of the powerband.  Dry traction is good as well, they roll smooth and needed minimal weight to balance out. Shop even checked two of the tires on the road force machine and the tech said he was surprised at how smooth the run out was for being a large A/T truck tire.

If you need new tires are dont need a super aggressive tire I would highly recommend giving these tires a look and a go. Plus they are cheaper than the Nitto tires by about $30 per tire.

Thanks for the info! After some scary slips and slides this weekend I've been looking for new tires and considered the Continentals. These stock SRA are awful when wet and I prefer to keep my truck in one piece. I have the 18 inch wheels but I'm sure the TerrainContact will be a vast improvement over my current setup.

Thanks for the info! After some scary slips and slides this weekend I've been looking for new tires and considered the Continentals. These stock SRA are awful when wet and I prefer to keep my truck in one piece. I have the 18 inch wheels but I'm sure the TerrainContact will be a vast improvement over my current setup.

Agree about those SRA tires. I was driving this weekend in non stop rain in western Pennsylvania. Those SRA’s were all over the road. Better in 4WD but in 2WD it was bad. Not good in a wet environment. Great on road manners (for me) in dry conditions but I live in rain and snow a good portion of the year. So they came off today and I added some Cooper AT3 4S. The Continental TerrainContacts were in the running after reading all the great reviews but I decided on the coopers because of the severe snow rating. If I regret my decision I’m sure the Continentals will be there for my next set. [emoji6]