What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

Watch your silicon levels when doing an oil analysis.

K&N’s have been shown (by some folks and studies) to let fine silicon thru.

Google it then make the decision [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Google it then make the decision [emoji106]

I would have to pull the exact details but I run oil analysis with every oil change on my 2010 6.2. I switched to the K&N filter early on. No issues then all the sudden wear metals showed up out of the blue didn’t make sense. Changed the air filter and everything went back to normal and has been fine. Blackstone was stumped with the results until I told them about the filters.

Ryan B.

8 hours ago, pronstar said:

Google it then make the decision emoji106.png

There is a give and take to filters that flow better than others.  Better flow doesn't always mean clean air.  Some have noticed after using a K&N air filter, that after they cleaned it they could see tiny pin holes through the filter when held up to the sun. 

Also if not cleaned and oiled correctly, you can get a layer of fine oil on your MAS. 

On 10/18/2018 at 10:19 AM, MadCaddie said:

Did you install it yet?  I'm not happy with mine at all.  I am awaiting spacers to make it fit properly width wise, and length wise it's about an Inch short.  Bak claims it is perfect the way it is but it's clear that the cover is short.  They blamed GM for the bed width issue saying I must have an early production model which had wonky measurements but the truck was produced 2 weeks ago so I don't buy that. 

Sorry, just now seeing this.  It came in and it doesn't fit.  1 rail is short and the other is long.  Their customer service person asked me to send pictures and I've been waiting for a response.  I never even checked the cover, only got as far as the rails and had to abort..

On 10/3/2018 at 3:43 PM, DougFL said:

Installed the Premium All Weather Floor Mats which I Highly recommend.  They provide complete protection of the Floor.

Front #84333603

Rear #84333635

FrontMat.jpg

RearMat.jpg

How did you get your rear box to fit on the mat?

Steven 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, digital_assassin said:

Sorry, just now seeing this.  It came in and it doesn't fit.  1 rail is short and the other is long.  Their customer service person asked me to send pictures and I've been waiting for a response.  I never even checked the cover, only got as far as the rails and had to abort..

No worries.  As far as I know, they stopped selling it and are re designing now, so you'll probably end up with a new cover anyway.  

1 hour ago, 1FUNC5 said:

How did you get your rear box to fit on the mat?

Steven 

I removed the the rear storage unit.  Three 10mm nuts; two on Jack bracket and one anchor screw on driver side.  Installed the mat and only had to trim the two 1/2"H by ~ 5"L  ridge pieces from the mat on the passenger side to reinstall the storage unit flat on the mat.  You will also have to drill a 3/8" hole on the driver side mat  to match the location of the anchor screw location in the floor.

3 hours ago, Opiedeegs said:

How was the Install
and can you put the lights in the outer squares of the tailgate step

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Install was easy.  A pry tool easily took out the black inserts.  Plugs into the plug that houses the light for the tailgate buttons.  I thought about putting them on the outer sides but felt that the wire might have been stretched to do so.  I prefer the center because that is where I would try to step up anyway.  The light does encompass the edges of the step though.  Just dimly

One disadvantage of the Keyless Ignition is when you and your Partner both have your Keyless fob in your vehicle.  If you get out of the vehicle while a fob is still in the vehicle the horn beeps to remind you you left the fob in the vehicle.  In addition, depending on who gets into the vehicle first, the user profile try's to match to that fob!  To fix this I picked up a  Signal Blocking Faraday Key Fob Case for the wife: https://www.amazon.com/Silent-Pocket-Signal-Blocking-Faraday/dp/B01MTNKVO4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1541167189&sr=8-3&keywords=Silent+Pocket&dpID=51gnPAjIRdL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

It works great and no more horn alerts about leaving fob in truck and it protects against anyone trying to clone the fob!

Key Pocket.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DougFL said:

One disadvantage of the Keyless Ignition is when you and your Partner both have your Keyless fob in your vehicle.  If you get out of the vehicle while a fob is still in the vehicle the horn beeps to remind you you left the fob in the vehicle.  In addition, depending on who gets into the vehicle first, the user profile try's to match to that fob!  To fix this I picked up a  Signal Blocking Faraday Key Fob Case for the wife: https://www.amazon.com/Silent-Pocket-Signal-Blocking-Faraday/dp/B01MTNKVO4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1541167189&sr=8-3&keywords=Silent+Pocket&dpID=51gnPAjIRdL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

It works great and no more horn alerts about leaving fob in truck and it protects against anyone trying to clone the fob!

Key Pocket.jpg

Or you can disable horn alert when fob is left in vehicle in settings.

• Like 1