In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sierra Dan

What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

Had my tow mirrors installed by the dealer as part of the sale deal. Also had them install the drivers door keypad lock accessory. I'm still getting used to the mirrors but over all I really like them, especially the cargo lights which I use when backing up at night. Now I can see my passenger rear corner better.baa67ef533c334079dfea7623fea19ee.jpg
374116eae71222332b1e8fa41478ea19.jpg
1c052e7a59b23d5038b76e9f37433fe7.jpg
cdfd2555bbf5d0576eace2bfe1fcf88f.jpg
6a8a40e90b14d7c4694b118e2814f589.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I absolutely hate the tow mirrors for the look but the function is probably worth it.

I'm thinking full paint match and they would look better

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, KADE206 said:

Had my tow mirrors installed by the dealer as part of the sale deal. Also had them install the drivers door keypad lock accessory. I'm still getting used to the mirrors but over all I really like them, especially the cargo lights which I use when backing up at night. Now I can see my passenger rear corner better.baa67ef533c334079dfea7623fea19ee.jpg
374116eae71222332b1e8fa41478ea19.jpg
1c052e7a59b23d5038b76e9f37433fe7.jpg
cdfd2555bbf5d0576eace2bfe1fcf88f.jpg
6a8a40e90b14d7c4694b118e2814f589.jpg

Why do you need a keypad on the door when you have the keyless entry button??

It’s handy as hell. I don’t always have my fob on me when I need to access something out of my truck.
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, fsuboy75 said:

When I go surfing  and snowboarding I hate taking my key. I've lost one on a powder day and had to get my in-laws to bring the spare up to the mountain. Plus camping or running out to the truck you don't have to remember the fob every time. They also cost allot when you lose one. My buddies with Ford's have these keypads and they get to leave theirs in the truck. 

Edited by KADE206
  • Like 2

My buddies with Ford's have these keypads and they get to leave theirs in the truck. 

Yep, I used to do that with my F250 when I’d go to local trails to run/walk or go to our work gym. Super handy having the keypad.

How much would the keypad cost to have installed? I can’t read it in the picture. Definitely interested in that

How much would the keypad cost to have installed? I can’t read it in the picture. Definitely interested in that

The keypad was 145 and an hour of labor at 155. They said it took 1.5 hrs but they didn't quote ahead of time so I talked them down. Labor rates vary so check with your shop.

• Like 1

Isn’t the keypad a peel-and-stick install? Plus programming, of course...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Isn’t the keypad a peel-and-stick install? Plus programming, of course...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yep.

I was charged 1 hour labor for mine.

Unlike the Fords I have to lock my doors with the app to lock a key in, but I'm ok with that. Its great to go off on bike or sled and not worry about the truck key.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, KADE206 said:

The keypad was 145 and an hour of labor at 155. They said it took 1.5 hrs but they didn't quote ahead of time so I talked them down. Labor rates vary so check with your shop.

OK....this really sounds totally legit and very worth doing!!!    Now I'm looking into this for mine.   I am a first responder and if I'm at a scene and someone needs something from my truck it's easy to just give them the code.  

Can reprogram the code on your own?

Edited by fsuboy75

Oh darn. So you cant lock your keys in the truck? That’s what I wanted to use it for

Hit the 600mile mark picking up my Go Rhino RB20 side steps tonight. Gonna install them and do my first oil change tomorrow!

5f1093cc9526668a92f90854f8d21738.jpg