In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

13 minutes ago, NotoriousGT350 said:

Installed a Lomax tonneau cover from Truck Alterations thanks to Luke Kyle there. Install took less than 20 minutes. It’s the matte finish and sits flush.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Looks good but your idea of "flush" and mine are different.  

Posted (edited)

Did 2 things on my truck today.  First was the removal of scratches in the clear coat on my right rear door.  It was pretty much the whole door.  I'm getting pretty good at this.  Maybe I'll open a detail shop.  

On second thought, NOPE.

Right after I finished with the bodywork I got back to modifying the Retrax XR rails to work with the GM Accessories sportbar.  All cutting is now complete.  Work has been checked and rechecked.  Time for a welder to close the open ends, then I'm going to hit it with some flat black paint.  I'm hoping to have this project completed by the end of the week.  Here's a pic of my progress.  Sorry it's not the best image.  Apparently my phone's camera lens is dirty. 

Oh, I forgot to mention I order some stake pocket caps from Amazon last week.  They arrived today, so I put them in.  The pic reminded me that I did that today, too.

20210518_184613.jpg

Edited by Transient
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

This is about over a week of some Meguair’s Ceramic Wax and we’ve had some rain, hail, and funnels here and there last few days.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by NotoriousGT350

On 5/12/2021 at 1:14 PM, Houheffe said:

Installed mine red to match the red tailgate letters, z71 emblem, and red bowties and tow hooks

20200113_114626.jpg

20200113_112516.jpg

20200113_112240.jpg

Where did you get the red emblems for the wheels?  I am looking for some black ones

1 hour ago, paxamus said:

Where did you get the red emblems for the wheels?  I am looking for some black ones

I got them from Amazon, the page doesn't come up when I look through my orders. They were Bogar tech designs.

1 hour ago, paxamus said:

These are some black ones and they are the same size.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X37G33C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_16VEM4D10V795FQS2FKJ

Or

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TND49D8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_VD0DWA059H68J8KXZV25

Added Bilstein 6112s with coils. Waiting on 5100 for the rear. Truck feels better especially when braking and turning. Setting 5 for a 2 inch lift. Left me with 1/2 inch higher in the rear. Once they settle I’m hoping for a 1 inch rake. 2020 elevation. 
now I’m itching to put some 285/65/20 tires on and fill out the wheel wells! 

601C5CAC-0444-4B62-A9B6-8DB32C514163.jpeg

Ordered a whole bunch of new toys today! LED bulbs for the turn signals, plate lights, and reverse lights. Putco LEB Blade tailgate light with Putco harness. King 2.5 PRS Coilovers. 

Got a lot more planned too, check out my build here: https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/250025-tylers-2019-silverado-build/?tab=comments#comment-2523845 

I sat in my 20 RST for 10 min while it updated.  STRANDED for that 10 min which was really closer to 20 min by the time I was done.   My truck WOULD NOT start until this update was done.   

Nice Chevy.  Good thing I was going on a run.  

20210521_200133.jpg

I've got a question about my 19 LTZ...I'd like to remove the grille and put the black bowtie on and maybe the RC LED grille lights. Only issue is I've got a Ranch Hand full bumper on the front and only about 3" of clearance, attached a pic for reference. 

My question is do you think it's at all possible for me to get the grille off without removing the bumper? 

9BF4137F-DDE1-4520-8680-F9F0812CA496_1_201_a.jpeg

7 hours ago, TyGriff13 said:

I've got a question about my 19 LTZ...I'd like to remove the grille and put the black bowtie on and maybe the RC LED grille lights. Only issue is I've got a Ranch Hand full bumper on the front and only about 3" of clearance, attached a pic for reference. 

My question is do you think it's at all possible for me to get the grille off without removing the bumper? 

9BF4137F-DDE1-4520-8680-F9F0812CA496_1_201_a.jpeg

Imo, yes, but you'll hate doing it.  However, you don't need to pull the whole grille out to swap bowties.  You just need to port the top out enough for you to get your arm in and be able to work in there.  Iirc, I didn't pull my grille out completely, but I think I had a bit more room than 3 inches to work with. 

• Like 1