In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

12 minutes ago, Atelliott89 said:

BTW I don't want to hear crap for parking in handicap spot as it is at my work and no one is handicap there and we have limited parking. Lol so we fill the spots and its a wider spot for my truck.

Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SHSZTW3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_CAW0YRWKT7B0D2SP52YD

It comes with 3, and while I normally like things in 3, I think it looks much better spanking across the grille more with 4.. now I have 2 more lights not sure if I should save in case 1 goes bad or if I should put them elsewhere. 

20210818_164224.jpg

20210816_153801.jpg

Much appreciated for the link and extra pics. How did you install them, did you use a harness, what did you tap into to power them? Removed the grill? Any help, tips installation would be great, thanks.  BTW - nice truck!

14 hours ago, Gangly said:

Rifle/Shotgun storage was a big one for me.  I wanted to be able to travel for hunts without having a rifle or shotgun visible in the back seat.

Transporting long guns is why I bought the Du-Ha.  Now the tough question is which ones do I put in there?  I'm thinking 2 rifles and a shotgun.  Just gotta figure which ones.

Btw, the case arrived today.  I installed it into the truck right after I put my daughter down for her nap. 

Edited by Transient
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, RedLT said:

Much appreciated for the link and extra pics. How did you install them, did you use a harness, what did you tap into to power them? Removed the grill? Any help, tips installation would be great, thanks.  BTW - nice truck!

Thanks! I just tapped into the drl. No need to remove the grille just the plastic air intake cover under the front of the hood to access and run the wiring.

I wanted to get these installed to get rid of the old ones I had that didn't look go is and half burnt out (different lights then these), so I just used zip ties for now but will fab some kind of brackets eventually. But this is holding up great!

20210821_080530.jpg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Atelliott89 said:

Thanks! I just tapped into the drl. No need to remove the grille just the plastic air intake cover under the front of the hood to access and run the wiring.

I wanted to get these installed to get rid of the old ones I had that didn't look go is and half burnt out (different lights then these), so I just used zip ties for now but will fab some kind of brackets eventually. But this is holding up great!

20210821_080530.jpg

That helps a lot. Thank You.

Made use of the huge center console, organization for the top and then created a false bottom  reusing the center console liner and 3” foam to conceal a handgun. 

9833A252-3410-4CC0-A851-D3A66E418280.jpeg

770E3E73-74EB-48F4-8031-64E11E4B0160.jpeg

51F95226-0E83-43BD-B796-C6C25157BF6E.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Rough Country dual 10 inch lights for the grill arrived.  Everything I've seen on this forum about the wire harness is true.  It's junk.  That's okay because I was intending to wire them up to switch #3 of the upfitter switches.  This means the wire harness from Rough Country is useless to me.  I bought some wire, deutsch connectors, loom, heat shrink, etc to create a new wire harness to wire directly to the switch.  It's going to look like the wiring came directly from Rough Country themselves. 

Btw, while researching deutsch connectors, because they're new to me, I found the exact same Rough Country wire harness sold separately on Amazon for $20 under a different name.  

Installed Red LED strips in speaker grilles, door grab wells, and storage wells. Installed Red LED strips for cheap "demon eyes".

20210824_110027.thumb.jpg.b20bf2e0d02ef869f9033adea1558393.jpg20210824_110012.thumb.jpg.2a2766f317ecd1377502a86aa240f6f3.jpg20210729_221152.thumb.jpg.a5bd12cc00ef8a1de1f6972e5f72caa7.jpg
Edited by jashaw

9 hours ago, jashaw said:

Installed Red LED strips in speaker grilles, door grab wells, and storage wells. Installed Red LED strips for cheap "demon eyes".

20210824_110027.thumb.jpg.b20bf2e0d02ef869f9033adea1558393.jpg20210824_110012.thumb.jpg.2a2766f317ecd1377502a86aa240f6f3.jpg20210729_221152.thumb.jpg.a5bd12cc00ef8a1de1f6972e5f72caa7.jpg

looks cool!  Do you have a link to these and how did you power them in all the locations?

12 hours ago, Coolade said:

looks cool!  Do you have a link to these and how did you power them in all the locations?

looks good. Any problem with the red lights in the grill, from local PD ?? i know in my area , NO red to the front ( emergency  units ONLY ).

3 hours ago, slj2008 said:

looks good. Any problem with the red lights in the grill, from local PD ?? i know in my area , NO red to the front ( emergency  units ONLY ).

No issue at my local area, ive been by multiple local cops, and drive by the police station daily. It would be an issue if they were flashing though no doubt.

Either:

A: They dont know about amber and white in the front as a law.

Or

B: They aren't concerned about it.

Edited by jashaw

On 8/23/2021 at 10:13 PM, Transient said:

Rough Country dual 10 inch lights for the grill arrived.  Everything I've seen on this forum about the wire harness is true.  It's junk.  That's okay because I was intending to wire them up to switch #3 of the upfitter switches.  This means the wire harness from Rough Country is useless to me.  I bought some wire, deutsch connectors, loom, heat shrink, etc to create a new wire harness to wire directly to the switch.  It's going to look like the wiring came directly from Rough Country themselves. 

Btw, while researching deutsch connectors, because they're new to me, I found the exact same Rough Country wire harness sold separately on Amazon for $20 under a different name.  

Can you update this thread on your install?