3.5-4.5" lift

Just now, jimmyboy8301 said:

Those 3.5” kits are GARAGE. They put added stress on the front end components because they are stretched out leveling kits

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone w/ Bilstein and Fox
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys

So if I did get the zone, it would be easy to turn back to stock?? Sounds like I should go 2.5 or 4.5 (or 5)

So if I did get the zone, it would be easy to turn back to stock?? Sounds like I should go 2.5 or 4.5 (or 5)

It could be returned to stock.

And yes do a 2.5” or an actual lift

Instagram @wildchevys
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

Instagram @wildchevys

thanks!!! I forgot about the bilstein lift. So I guess it’s between those 2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

Instagram @wildchevys

So I looked through the install instructions on that lift and dont see how that can go back to stock.

Pretty sure you cut off mounting spots for several things.

Several places have you cut metal out. And looks like you weld in some plate on the rear crossmember.

10 hours ago, dougwtx said:

I have the 3.5" Superlift kit installed on my 2018 and so far no issues.  

How much lift did you actually get? Hows it ride? And do you have any pictures and tire sizes lol. Please and thank you hahahaha

So I looked through the install instructions on that lift and dont see how that can go back to stock.

Pretty sure you cut off mounting spots for several things.
Several places have you cut metal out. And looks like you weld in some plate on the rear crossmember.

Now that i think about it, you might be right.

Instagram @wildchevys

Just now, jimmyboy8301 said:

Now that i think about it, you might be right.

Instagram @wildchevys

Lol yea according to the instructions there's a bunch of cutting. And a little welding. Looks like more than I really feel like installing myself.

Lol yea according to the instructions there's a bunch of cutting. And a little welding. Looks like more than I really feel like installing myself.

The only welding is that little plate at the rear crossmember. The cutting really isn’t that bad either. Me and a buddy did my ‘13 in a day

Instagram @wildchevys

14 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

The only welding is that little plate at the rear crossmember. The cutting really isn’t that bad either. Me and a buddy did my ‘13 in a day

Instagram @wildchevys

Yea it's still on my list, but looking at other alternatives as well. Also need to measure to see if I'll still fit in my garage when done

Also looking at the rough country 5" bracket lift. Havent seen complaints on that one.

Edited by YukonXL04
Addition
  • Like 1

I am not here to argue but will post my thoughts here. I cannot speak to longevity of parts etc as I just recently installed my kit. I fully understand that ball joints and tie rods will have a shorter life span than that of a true 4" kit as they drop everything down and keep all angles stock. I am aware of those facts and consequences. I already had a readylift 2.25" leveling kit on my truck and wanted to go with the upgraded upper control arms as the stamped steel I had are not recomended to run on a leveling kit. I figured for a couple hundred difference I could get the 4" Fabtech kit vs just upper controls arms so figured what the heck, I will give it a try. I can tell you my truck rides absolutely no different than it did with just the leveling kit. I can also note that the Fabtech budget kit is misadvertised as a 4" lift. My truck is 3" higher than stock out front. The first picture shows my angles with the 2.25" level. The second picture is with the Fabtech kit installed. Once again, I will not argue that this kit is better than a true 4" lift because it isn't, I also don't feel it's garbage either but to each there own. Just putting my experience out there. I know others that have run 3.5" kits such as the Rough Country for 3+ years without issue.e4cb999fb2724b28fd3fecf69a9cba39.jpgd6e31438e7f99f4ba0d4f54d7889dc5d.jpgbf8578e03e8bb6e4ebfd6ff098786ce0.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, YukonXL04 said:

How much lift did you actually get? Hows it ride? And do you have any pictures and tire sizes lol. Please and thank you hahahaha

I got 3.5" of lift.  It rides just a tad stiffer than stock.  I am running the stock 20" wheels/275/55-20 tires.  

truck_sm.jpg

7 hours ago, Fix29 said:

I am not here to argue but will post my thoughts here. I cannot speak to longevity of parts etc as I just recently installed my kit. I fully understand that ball joints and tie rods will have a shorter life span than that of a true 4" kit as they drop everything down and keep all angles stock. I am aware of those facts and consequences. I already had a readylift 2.25" leveling kit on my truck and wanted to go with the upgraded upper control arms as the stamped steel I had are not recomended to run on a leveling kit. I figured for a couple hundred difference I could get the 4" Fabtech kit vs just upper controls arms so figured what the heck, I will give it a try. I can tell you my truck rides absolutely no different than it did with just the leveling kit. I can also note that the Fabtech budget kit is misadvertised as a 4" lift. My truck is 3" higher than stock out front. The first picture shows my angles with the 2.25" level. The second picture is with the Fabtech kit installed. Once again, I will not argue that this kit is better than a true 4" lift because it isn't, I also don't feel it's garbage either but to each there own. Just putting my experience out there. I know others that have run 3.5" kits such as the Rough Country for 3+ years without issue.e4cb999fb2724b28fd3fecf69a9cba39.jpgd6e31438e7f99f4ba0d4f54d7889dc5d.jpgbf8578e03e8bb6e4ebfd6ff098786ce0.jpg

so in knowing what you know now, would you use the fabtech or just stay with the leveling kit?? I've got a 2018 so I've got the stamped and hadn't heard about those not working well with the stamped UCA so that will play a big part in it to since they're kind of pricey

If I was coming from stock I would do this kit again. Knowing what I know now, I would probably purchase the Zone kit simply for the fact that this kit was too much work to go from 2.25" to 3". That being said I am putting a lower spacer back in to get me up to 4" because that's what I was going for. I will report back with how that changes my anlges, ride, etc.

I figure if worst comes to worst I already have the control arms and upgraded shocks for the rear if I decide to do a true lift. Control arms alone would have been $500. I paid $710 for this entire kit plus $60 for a Zone add a leaf. Keep in mind with this kit it only comes with a 1.5" rear block. Thats only .25" lift as these trucks have a 1.25" block factory.