Guess Which Used Truck Is the Fastest-Selling And which is The Slowest Selling (Answers Here)

Gorehamj

fastest and slowest selling trucks iSeeCars.png

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
9-10-2018

The research team at iSeeCars.com has determined which used truck sells the fastest, and which sells the slowest on used vehicle lots. Neither is a GM product. The group looked at the sales data for over 4 million used vehicles to make its determination. The overall average number of days a pickup sits on a used car lot is about 51 days. Cars and SUVs tend to move a bit quicker, around 47 days on average. Every GM product is a bit slower than the average, but not an outlier. The Nissan Titan is the dog in this group. The Honda Ridgeline is the fastest-selling. iSeeCars CEO Phong Ly, says the reason may be that the Ridgeline “..ceased production between 2014 and 2017, so there aren’t as many in the used car marketplace, which drives up demand.” Ly says the Titan has a poor reliability record, which may help explain its longer than usual stay on dealer lots. 

The mean is 48.8 days.

If we throw out the Titan, the mean is 46.5 days.

So not a ton of variance from top to bottom, but definitely significant when multiplied by the number of trucks sold.

Anecdotally, when shopping for my current CPO half-ton truck, my dollar went furthest with Chevy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have seen maybe 2 Honda Ridgeline "Trucks" in the past 6 months around here in KC on the streets.

However, I pass Dozens of GM, Ford, RAM trucks daily.

The chart above clearly reflects inventory of these vehicles.

Of course a make and model with fewer units available will disappear from a lot sooner.... 

• Like 1

That Ridgeline is awful looking. It's a minivan with the back seats removed and the top cut off masquerading as a truck. There are two in our neighborhood. An old one and one of the new ones. Those new ones are horrendous IMO.

3 hours ago, Eddie 70 said:

That Ridgeline is awful looking. It's a minivan with the back seats removed and the top cut off masquerading as a truck. There are two in our neighborhood. An old one and one of the new ones. Those new ones are horrendous IMO.

Amen! 

It sort of reminds me of these blasts from the past:

2668_subaru_brat_Cover.jpg

• Like 1

Wonder how that compares to past years?  

My Silverado took 3 weeks to get from the factory to Silao, Mexico to the dealer here in the Midwest.  Supposedly went on a train all the way north to Chicago and then back south again (not sure that's cost effective) to KC via semi trailer.  Then it sat on the lot for 87 days until I bought it.  

Edited by MaverickZ71

Actually to be more accurate, the Ridgeline is identical to a Honda Pilot from the B-pillar forward; much like how the GMT900 Avalanche was identical to a Tahoe from the B-Pillar forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk