FS: BRAND NEW Mechman G-Series 270a H.O. Alternator w/ optional Billet Aluminum OverDrive Pulley

Texas_Edition

I bought this back in... 2013, from a dealer in McKinney, TX (Dallas) for my 2011 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab Z-82 Texas Edition. While I was  finishing my 3" rear seat lift, Forward Firing Quad 8" 4.5cu ft NET dual ported box @ 31Hz, mounting my 5 Amps, sealing off every small hole in all 4 doors with 1/8" wood and Dynamat Extreme, my Focal Utopia 6W2 Components, Focal K2p PolyKevlar Comps, etc.....

I ended up totalling my 2008 Sierra 5.3l the day before I received the Mechman Alternator.

A lady pulled out on the 4 lane highway (speed limit 65mph) + middle turn lane, thinking the stoplight (in the middle of nowhere) was red, but it was green, so I never let off my cruise control, whixh was set to 69mph, 4mph over the speed limit. It was cliche. Everything happened in slow motion. I was just going to slam on my brakes and rear end her, probably giving her a 50/50 chance at surviving or swerve. But I saw a young, 4-8 year old girl in the passenger seat, so I swerved. Unfortunately, I hadn't cleaned off one of my wheel speed sensors, so my VDC wasn't working, so Iserved, thinking my VDC would save me from my sudden jerk of the wheel, but itdidn't, lost the rear end, swerved left initially, then right as my rear end got light, went across I front of her, swerved left and went straight across into a tree and rolled it 4 times. She stopped for a second, never got out and drove off. I had numerous people stop and help me. Most. who saw it, was angry at the car who clearly saw it, a few guys said I should have just ran her over.

So anyway... my Mechman G-Series 270a Alternator with the optional $65.00 Billet Aluminum OverDrive Pulley came in the day after I totaled it.

The OverDrive Pulley does two things. First, it lightens the unsprung rotational mass, therefore making it much easier to spin which equals more horsepower.

2nd and most important  is that it allows much higher output and lower RPM's.

I no longer need it as I never purchased another GM vehicle. It just happened that way. I ended up getting a Nissan Armada and now I'm in a 2011 Nissan Titan Pro-4X Crew Cab that I'm lifting 8" in the front & 9" in the rear.

I believe I paid $600 total for it as I have the receipt.

This fits all GM vehicles from 2004-2014 4.3l, 5.3l, 6.0l, 6.2l and many others such as 3.4l, 3.6l etc..

It fits vehicles with the 2-Pin Alternator Wiring Harness Plug.

The alternator I was upgrading was the Optional AC Delco DR44 145a alternator, which is for sale also.

Never installed, never mounted, never been inside an engine bay. I do know that the smaller pulley does not require a new belt.

I paid $499  + $65 for the Billet Aluminum Overdrive Pulley + $20'ish for Shipping

For Sale Price: $400 + Actual UPS Fully Insured ($500) Shipping

20170118_200514.jpg

20170118_200536.jpg

Edited by Texas_Edition