Dealer gets their 1st 2019 Damaged!

DougFL

My Dealer got his 1st 2019 today. High Country in Havana Brown Metallic. Sticker was around $67,000. Unfortunately, for them, the Transport Driver ran the truck's hood into the overhead rack during unloading!1f62e.png Damage estimated at $5400!  However, has no ETA on a new hood that will require painting to match.  I am just glad it was Not mine!

20180911_105423.jpg

20180911_105433.jpg

20180911_105540.jpg

20180911_105603.jpg

2 minutes ago, DougFL said:

My Dealer got his 1st 2019 today. High Country in Havana Brown Metallic. Sticker was around $67,000. Unfortunately, for them, the Transport Driver ran the truck's hood into the overhead rack during unloading!1f62e.png Damage estimated at $5400!  However, has no ETA on a new hood that will require painting to match.  I am just glad it was Not mine!

20180911_105423.jpg

20180911_105433.jpg

20180911_105540.jpg

20180911_105603.jpg

OOOPPSSS !  :smash:

35 minutes ago, cire0309 said:

The telltale signs of aluminum. Probably gonna need a new grille and headlights looking at the damage. Expensive oops. 

In this case it would not have mattered what material the hood was made of.

It would have to be replaced anyway.

In this case it would not have mattered what material the hood was made of.
It would have to be replaced anyway.

Definitely agree, any easily replaced parts should be replaced instead of repaired.

I’m just not used to seeing pictures of cars that looks like a beer car after I’ve shot it.

OUCH.

Reminds me of when I was still in school, one of the kids on my floor was a lube tech for the GM dealer in town, and it was spring 2014. A local guy special ordered a Rainforest Green Sierra SLT, loaded to the hilt and a unique option combination. Somehow the transport driver knocked it OFF THE TOP OF THE TRUCK. Did a number on it. Needless to say they ordered him a new one. 

12 minutes ago, gearheadesw said:

Dealer says to the guy who ordered it, " new style hood scoop"

It was actually the Dealer's allocation order and the 1st 2019 one they had received!  They already had it listed on their Web page available for purchase at MSRP!  They now have a $67K lump of metal until it gets fixed!  The Sales Manager was not a Happy Guy!!!