Who using their 2500hd Gasser?

2 hours ago, Biggerdogg01 said:

I finally was able to install the supercharger about three weeks ago, but had a few issues, so I did not want to post until I worked them out. I am starting my write up today, will post in the next day or so. 

Nice.  I lack the stones to try this sort of thing, but I nevertheless enjoy hearing about it.

• Like 1

A large Chevy dealer near me also runs a high performance shop.  I checked and they would do a supercharger on the 6.0.  They said it is a pretty easy setup to get up and running.  If I was going that route, I would probably have them do it.  For me, there are some things that are just best to let experts do.  

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:15 AM, Cowpie said:

A large Chevy dealer near me also runs a high performance shop.  I checked and they would do a supercharger on the 6.0.  They said it is a pretty easy setup to get up and running.  If I was going that route, I would probably have them do it.  For me, there are some things that are just best to let experts do.  

I just picked up my truck from the tuner yesterday, and I have to say, this thing rocks. The tune from Whipple (HP Tuner)was not good for this engine/computer, it is a MF (exact words) to tune. My tuner basically creates his own tune and does a large quantity of calibrations for Whipple, which he is sending mine to them to use. The install of the supercharger kit was fun, but would suggest having a hands on tune done. I created a new install post and will list the dyno and driving results in the next day or two. 

• Thanks 2

I just picked up my truck from the tuner yesterday, and I have to say, this thing rocks. The tune from Whipple (HP Tuner)was not good for this engine/computer, it is a MF (exact words) to tune. My tuner basically creates his own tune and does a large quantity of calibrations for Whipple, which he is sending mine to them to use. The install of the supercharger kit was fun, but would suggest having a hands on tune done. I created a new install post and will list the dyno and driving results in the next day or two. 
Cant wait to see the sheet. Let me know how towing is. That is my main reason for looking to do a supercharger. Also, do you still have the flexability to run e85 or are u locked to a specefic octane?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2018 at 5:58 PM, Biggerdogg01 said:

Where's your write up!!!! I'm stoked!!!

23 hours ago, gearheadesw said:

Sagging some, air bags in the future, only time I feel I need them, is with the mud bike in the back.

IMG_0043.JPG

They make a heavy duty bump stop. It's in here somewhere. I have them and right around 2500lb pin weight. They help for sure. 

• Like 1

Screenshot_20190102-210904.thumb.png.b2cb49cc126c64add86ababdcbab532e.png
Ha e you looked at the Roadmaster suspension? I had one on my 1500 and it worked great. I ordered the u clamps to fit the 2500 ut never installed due to the heavy weight of my 5th wheel trailer. They ride very well and installed in maybe an hour. I still have them if someone wants to buy them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have a preference for the SumoSprings I have on my 2500.... both front and rear axles.   Cellular foam type that has an air bag type of effect. available in various level of lbs of support.

https://www.supersprings.com/products/sumosprings/

Edited by Cowpie

• 2 years later...