• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ms55330
      OnStar sucks!!! It's been 2 weeks since I've taken delivery of my truck OnStar still hasn't been able to signup my truck and now I'm halfway through my "super generous" month of a working app. I've called them 4 different times they waist about a half hour of my time then the level 2 person tells me they put in a ticket and they'll call me when it's fixed. Onstar has yet to call me back once! Absolutely unacceptable!!! Especially when you only get one month of service VS the 5 years I got with my last truck. Why am I still buying GM?
    • By mchasteen40
      Afternoon ladies and gents. I have spent hours upon hours trying to do my homework here on the GM 6.0 gasser engines. I have been around diesels the past 6 years, love my current tow rig. (2013 Ram 2500 Tradesman w/ 6/7 cummins) Truck is stock no deletes. What brought me here is we have our first baby on the way, the thought of saving some money by trading down to a gasser seems like a good idea. But i am not sure with how often i tow that i will be happy. 
      I live in Illinois and tow a 28 ft enclosed racecar hauler throughout the state (mostly flat). I tow every weekend from April to October generally, the trailer weighs close to 8K loaded. Obviously the cummins tows this with zero issues, and i'm assuming the GM 6.0 would tow this fine as well. I found a 2009 Chevy 2500 that's loaded with 110,000 miles on it. It appears to be in great shape, from what i found out it has the LY6 engine. If i were to make the switch i'd free up over 100 bucks a month, but is that really enough to justify the switch? I'm not in a bind for money at the moment, but obviously saving some money never hurts. 
      I guess i'm basically looking at some opinion's from guys that have maybe made the switch from a diesel to a gasser, and see what there thoughts were? Or do i tow enough that i should just stick it out with the diesel? Looking forward to your thoughts! 
      *Also, i would estimate that based on my location and where i'm traveling i drive roughly 3500-4000 miles a year with the trailer hooked up. 
    • By canyon run
      decisions on vinyl wrapping the entire truck. mainly for paint protection but also for major visual enhancements 
    • By acdmcelectron
      I am trying to figure out if it is possible to install a steering wheel from a 2007 Silverado into my 2000 Silverado. Reason for doing so is because (1) my brothers 2007 steering wheel is a lot more comfortable then the steering wheel I have in my truck and (2) it looks better. I am not here to have people hate on this. I may not even do this, but I am curious on if this will work or not. I have been attempting to do reasearch, however I am finding nothing, so:

Will the 2007 steering wheel be able to be installed into the 2000?
      Will the airbag harness of the 2000 connect to the airbag of the 2007?
      Will the 2007 airbag have issues being connected to a 2000?

I know there is a large difference in years. I am just curious as it was simple to swap the front end of my 2000 with a 2004.
    • By trucknewbie
      Hi all, 

I'm new to the forums as well as new to trucks. Just about a year ago I got a 2017 GMC Sierra SLT and I'm interesting in some upgrades. I need some help determining the pros and cons of various things as well as if there's anyone with experience who wants to weigh in with things they recommend, dos and don'ts, or even things they would have done differently. I've seen a lot of the forums and I hope im not replicating other posts, but I can't seem to find any feedback on items related to the build I want to do in addition to the fact that being a first time truck owner, I don't really have much to compare various things to.

Top priorities for me: ride quality and comfort (lots of highway driving), looks, and function. I've broken up what I want to do into 3 "steps" (based on finances and affordability timeframe). Money is important, but if I have to wait a little longer to have strong, durable, good quality components, I would rather have it that way. 

Step 1 (next 3-4 months): 
      Level the truck - leaning towards fox 2.0 coil-overs to keep ride quality. I've seen a lot about how spacers diminish ride quality (please correct me if im wrong) 305/55/r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers - I want do some mild off-roading and trail riding, nothing too crazy, but at the end of the day this is a daily driver and I want a quiet ride. (I have no clue how much louder the tire would be compared to stock, although most say that it is pretty quiet) 20x9 Fuel Maverick rims or SCA performance rims (https://www.scaperformance.com/gmc-products/sca-performance-20-inch-wheel-gloss-black-with-milled-spoke-accents)  
      Step 2 (maybe within the next 8-12 months): 
      GM installed 6.2 Cat back (I'm a GM employee and the part discount is a plus for me) AMP Research Steps  
      Step 3 (maybe within the next 1-2 years): 
      4 inch BDS lift with the upgraded fox coil-overs with the reservoirs (non-dsc) Fender flares - haven't decided between bushwhacker, rough country (more lower profile), or the brawny SCA performance ones (https://www.scaperformance.com/gmc-products/2016-sca-gmc-1500-pocket-style-fender-flares)  
      Any advice or thoughts on a build out like this would be appreciated! Ride quality and comfort is a huge one for me because I don't want to have buyers remorse since I've not been in many lifted or upgrade trucks, so my only metric of comparison is to a stock vehicle. 

Thanks in advance!