GMC MultiPro Tailgate Information

Sierra Dan

Some useful information from GM TechLink regarding the GMC MultiPro Tailgate.

Remember, Do not lower the inner gate with the primary gate open while a receiver hitch is present or :smash:

Trucks Equipped with a Hitch Ball

Do not lower the inner gate with the primary gate open (easy access or step positions) if a hitch ball or trailer is attached. This may damage the tailgate due to the amount of clearance between the hitch receiver and the lowered inner gate. (Fig. 26)

F26-g-inner-gate-lowered-R.jpgFig. 26

Tailgate Operation

When the BCM receives a release command to release the primary tailgate or inner (auxiliary) gate, it applies a brief pulse of voltage to the appropriate left and right pickup box latch relay control circuits, which energizes the coil side of the relays. The switch side of the appropriate left and right latch relay then momentarily closes, supplying a brief pulse of battery positive voltage to the left and right pickup box primary tailgate or auxiliary endgate latches. (Fig. 27) The latches activate to release the gate.

F27-g-inner-latch.jpgFig. 27

The inner auxiliary pickup box endgate must be in the latched position before commanding the primary tailgate to release. The BCM disables the primary tailgate release function if the inner auxiliary pickup box endgate is open or ajar.

Some useful information from GM TechLink regarding the GMC MultiPro Tailgate.
Remember, Do not lower the inner gate with the primary gate open while a receiver hitch is present or :smash:

Trucks Equipped with a Hitch Ball

Do not lower the inner gate with the primary gate open (easy access or step positions) if a hitch ball or trailer is attached. This may damage the tailgate due to the amount of clearance between the hitch receiver and the lowered inner gate. (Fig. 26)

F26-g-inner-gate-lowered-R.jpgFig. 26

Tailgate Operation

When the BCM receives a release command to release the primary tailgate or inner (auxiliary) gate, it applies a brief pulse of voltage to the appropriate left and right pickup box latch relay control circuits, which energizes the coil side of the relays. The switch side of the appropriate left and right latch relay then momentarily closes, supplying a brief pulse of battery positive voltage to the left and right pickup box primary tailgate or auxiliary endgate latches. (Fig. 27) The latches activate to release the gate.

F27-g-inner-latch.jpgFig. 27

The inner auxiliary pickup box endgate must be in the latched position before commanding the primary tailgate to release. The BCM disables the primary tailgate release function if the inner auxiliary pickup box endgate is open or ajar.

One of the many reasons why jumping on the first year new model is a no no. They’ll redesign and reconfigure with a couple more years along with all the bugs (hopefully) fixed. Makes you wonder what else was rushed onto production hmmmmm [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

One of the many reasons why jumping on the first year new model is a no no. They’ll redesign and reconfigure with a couple more years along with all the bugs (hopefully) fixed. Makes you wonder what else was rushed onto production hmmmmm emoji848.png

Well for now, there are many 2019's sitting on the staging lots in Fort Wayne Indiana due to warped or ripples windshield glass and problems with paint.

So wonder no more :lol:

Well for now, there are many 2019's sitting on the staging lots in Fort Wayne Indiana due to warped or ripples windshield glass and problems with paint.
So wonder no more :lol:

Go figure, innovation at its best lol. I feel like hugging my 18 right now, haha

• Like 1

They will all have problems.

Bottom line is that most of the Automotive Companies RUSH vehicles to production instead of taking a few extra months or even up to a year to really work them

over and smooth out the rough patches. Perhaps they do this to meet the "demand" we consumers impose?

Auto Companies need to stop and smell the roses.

After-all, they would benefit more because fewer if any recalls would be made thus saving the companies thousands if not

millions of dollars in dealership reimbursements and civil lawsuits due to faulty parts, poor engineering or assembly.

• Like 3

They will all have problems.
Bottom line is that most of the Automotive Companies RUSH vehicles to production instead of taking a few extra months or even up to a year to really work them
over and smooth out the rough patches. Perhaps they do this to meet the "demand" we consumers impose?
Auto Companies need to stop and smell the roses.
After-all, they would benefit more because fewer if any recalls would be made thus saving the companies thousands if not
millions of dollars in dealership reimbursements and civil lawsuits due to faulty parts, poor engineering or assembly.

Excellent thoughts! [emoji1303]

• 4 months later...

I love mine. Spent yesterday moving items to storage and used the stair function about 30 times. Those over 50 will wonder how you lived without it. I don't see any problem with the trailer hitch, I'm standing right there when I release the tailgate and should recognize there is a hitch at my shin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keta said:

I love mine. Spent yesterday moving items to storage and used the stair function about 30 times. Those over 50 will wonder how you lived without it. I don't see any problem with the trailer hitch, I'm standing right there when I release the tailgate and should recognize there is a hitch at my shin.

Agreed. If wanting to lower the whole thing to that point, one should already know there is a hitch there and not to open it to begin with. #heresyoursign 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Smoothie said:

I wish it was offered on the Silverado

I agree with you, wish it was an option. The real question is. does it fit right up to the Silverado's.  I though I read somewhere that the beds are slightly different.