GMC MultiPro Tailgate Information

Sierra Dan

I’ve not used it to it’s full capability yet on the AT4, but it definitely takes all effort away from getting into the bed for wash days, etc. Even for something as mediocre as grocery getting (I have a hard bed cover), it brings practical use back to the truck bed. It’s also going to come in handy when ham radio antenna mount time comes. 

I can’t wait for summer in order to put it to it’s full use - loading the gen set, furniture move from across the US, etc. I’m planning to add a travel trailer this year, so I can only imagine it’s going to make gearing up that much easier. 

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

But dosent the Silverado  get the auto up feature? 

Yes, the power up is exclusive to Silverado. Standard on HC and optional on LTZ. I find it to be very very handy actually.

Well for now, there are many 2019's sitting on the staging lots in Fort Wayne Indiana due to warped or ripples windshield glass and problems with paint.
So wonder no more [emoji38]
The what! Can that happen to windshields?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I know from seeing at a dealership that they have a handle that you can use in conjunction with the tailgate to get in. Does anyone know if they can used and installed in the 2014-2018 series trucks?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

No, why would you want to? I know from my personal experiences getting into my truck bed takes a split second...ok, now it’s lifted it takes me one full second. I don’t care to be fondling a tailgate to get my truck bed and things in the bed more secure. Just more unnecessary things added taking away from other areas. Not cutting down anyone that has this tailgate but it just doesn’t do anything for me. Widen the truck bed great but sectional pieces belong on couches lol

Sent from above

On ‎2018‎-‎09‎-‎14 at 10:48 AM, Sierra Dan said:

thus saving the companies thousands if not millions of dollars.

Definitely millions, look at the F150 block heater recall as a very rough example, new heater and cord $150 from Ford plus 2hr labour ($200). Times 300,000 trucks, = $105,000,000 recall program.