19' Silverado Double Cab

SuthrnZ71

I just can't agree with that at all.   The only parts that look Tundra are the parts GM did first.  I wonder if the new F150 will get labeled as looking like a Titan next round, since Nissan borrowed heavily on their new truck.  

The new Ram looks the most like a Tundra up front.  

Please explain what you said: The only parts that look Tundra are the parts GM did first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Please explain what you said: The only parts that look Tundra are the parts GM did first?

Bulging fenders and tailgate CHEVROLET vs TUNDRA are the only similarities I see. The Silverado doesn't look like a Tundra at all.  

The 19 is a mix of classic Silverado, K2 Tahoe and current Colorado.  

Edited by shift_grind

2109 Silverado does somewhat resemble a Tundra from the side.
Especially the wheel well openings and body crimp line where doors and rocker come together....
Just the way i see it anyway.

2018_toyota_tundra_sideview.jpg.348240317e3c254338a6971b9c0674bc.jpg3-burlappcar-chevrolet-silverado-2019.jpg.74d60c95cbd9cc321eda14dc171cf77d.jpg

Absolutely correct!

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2018 at 6:03 PM, Sierra Dan said:

Especially the wheel well openings and body crimp line where doors and rocker come together....

2018_toyota_tundra_sideview.jpg.348240317e3c254338a6971b9c0674bc.jpg3-burlappcar-chevrolet-silverado-2019.jpg.74d60c95cbd9cc321eda14dc171cf77d.jpg

Now do it with Ram.  For fun compare the Ram front to a Tundra and the side to a Ridgeline.   then Ford front to a Chevy front too, you can find mild similarities everywhere.  

Nearly all trucks have the same basic outline.  

Silverado looks like a mix of Colorado and Tahoe.  The similarities with Tundra are the things GM did first.  

• Like 1

Thanks. Shocked at how the rear leg room didn't increase even though the crew cab is 3"bigger.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks. Shocked at how the rear leg room didn't increase even though the crew cab is 3"bigger.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I’ve heard that 3” was taken off the front seats so it’s miserable for anyone with long legs with less support now.

On 9/14/2018 at 6:03 PM, Sierra Dan said:

The styling cue similarities are uncanny. It's not a bad thing. All brands imitate each other to an extent. Anyone who doesnt see any tundra styling cues in the T1 needs their eyes checked. Lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NWI Denali said:

The styling cue similarities are uncanny. It's not a bad thing. All brands imitate each other to an extent. Anyone who doesnt see any tundra styling cues in the T1 needs their eyes checked. Lol.

I'll drink to that Brad :thumbs:

• Like 1

I just checked out my first 2019 silverado and i was disappointed. They look like a car with bed. Not very truck looking. I thought i might like them more in person but i was wrong. I am also surprised i haven't seen on on the road here in NY. I have seen a few 2019 rams. Glad i got my 2018 Sierra when i did.

30 minutes ago, Gagliano7 said:

I just checked out my first 2019 silverado and i was disappointed. They look like a car with bed. Not very truck looking. I thought i might like them more in person but i was wrong. I am also surprised i haven't seen on on the road here in NY. I have seen a few 2019 rams. Glad i got my 2018 Sierra when i did.

If the new Silverado looks like a car with a bed, then what do you call this ?

See the source image

• Haha 1