SuthrnZ71

19' Silverado Double Cab

Funny while I was out at lunch today I saw a tundra and man they really do look similar to them with the wheels wells and body lines.

• Like 1

I just can't agree with that at all.   The only parts that look Tundra are the parts GM did first.  I wonder if the new F150 will get labeled as looking like a Titan next round, since Nissan borrowed heavily on their new truck.  

The new Ram looks the most like a Tundra up front.  

I just can't agree with that at all.   The only parts that look Tundra are the parts GM did first.  I wonder if the new F150 will get labeled as looking like a Titan next round, since Nissan borrowed heavily on their new truck.  

The new Ram looks the most like a Tundra up front.  

Please explain what you said: The only parts that look Tundra are the parts GM did first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Please explain what you said: The only parts that look Tundra are the parts GM did first?

Bulging fenders and tailgate CHEVROLET vs TUNDRA are the only similarities I see. The Silverado doesn't look like a Tundra at all.  

The 19 is a mix of classic Silverado, K2 Tahoe and current Colorado.  

Edited by shift_grind

2109 Silverado does somewhat resemble a Tundra from the side.

Especially the wheel well openings and body crimp line where doors and rocker come together....

Just the way i see it anyway.

2018_toyota_tundra_sideview.jpg.348240317e3c254338a6971b9c0674bc.jpg3-burlappcar-chevrolet-silverado-2019.jpg.74d60c95cbd9cc321eda14dc171cf77d.jpg

• Like 2

Especially the wheel well openings and body crimp line where doors and rocker come together....

2018_toyota_tundra_sideview.jpg.348240317e3c254338a6971b9c0674bc.jpg3-burlappcar-chevrolet-silverado-2019.jpg.74d60c95cbd9cc321eda14dc171cf77d.jpg

Absolutely correct!

• Thanks 1

Does anyone have the rest legroom dimensions for a double cab? Haven't been able to find them.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

On 9/14/2018 at 6:03 PM, Sierra Dan said:

Now do it with Ram.  For fun compare the Ram front to a Tundra and the side to a Ridgeline.   then Ford front to a Chevy front too, you can find mild similarities everywhere.  

Nearly all trucks have the same basic outline.  

Silverado looks like a mix of Colorado and Tahoe.  The similarities with Tundra are the things GM did first.  

• Like 1

Thanks. Shocked at how the rear leg room didn't increase even though the crew cab is 3"bigger.

Thanks. Shocked at how the rear leg room didn't increase even though the crew cab is 3"bigger.

I’ve heard that 3” was taken off the front seats so it’s miserable for anyone with long legs with less support now.

On 9/14/2018 at 6:03 PM, Sierra Dan said:

The styling cue similarities are uncanny. It's not a bad thing. All brands imitate each other to an extent. Anyone who doesnt see any tundra styling cues in the T1 needs their eyes checked. Lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NWI Denali said:

The styling cue similarities are uncanny. It's not a bad thing. All brands imitate each other to an extent. Anyone who doesnt see any tundra styling cues in the T1 needs their eyes checked. Lol.

I'll drink to that Brad :thumbs:

• Like 1