Experience with Using or Ever Heard of 100% Non-Ethanol Fuel?

I stumbled upon a local BP Gas station here in the KC area that sells a 100% No Ethanol Fuel (93 octane).

It is $.20 per gallon more than the 93 octane with 10% Ethanol.

I thought I would try a couple of tanks out to see if MPGs would further increase.

Anyone out there have a similar option in their area that can chime in on results good or bad?

Where I live in Wyoming the highest octane is 91. The Sinclair stations have 91with no ethanol. That’s all I’ve ever run so I don’t know if there is much difference between 91 with the 10% on mpg or not. Having the 6.2 I want to run pure gas

7 minutes ago, drentlaw1 said:

Where I live in Wyoming the highest octane is 91. The Sinclair stations have 91with no ethanol. That’s all I’ve ever run so I don’t know if there is much difference between 91 with the 10% on mpg or not. Having the 6.2 I want to run pure gas

Premium is Recommended per manual for the 6.2

Small engines I know about and agree.

Just figured I would run a couple of tanks through to see if I got any mpg boost due to no ethanol being present.

Most of our fuel here in MO contains at least 10-15% Ethanol which no doubt decreases mpg's to some extent.

Yep I’ve heard of it in fact it’s the stuff we had before the Feds decided that burning corn was good for them oh I mean us...

I have a Blackbear 91 tune in my truck (5.3L FlexFuel) so I run 91+ or E85 exclusively the 91 pumps in Iowa are about a 60/40 mix of 10% etho and non etho. I have ran many tanks in a row of non etho vs many in a row of 91 etho vs multiple tanks of E85. Mostly I run the E85 when it makes “cents” ie. MPG=COST or when I need a little more fun in my life. Running the 91 non etho tank after tank (once getting most of the etho out) I see 1.2-1.8 mpg gains across the board. For me it’s not enuff to seek it out cause like you here it’s usually a little more per gallon at the pump anyway.

I don’t drive this truck in the winter but if I did I’d avoid the etho all winter long because it’s my belief that etho contains more moisture than non, but some people like to argue about that.

5 minutes ago, wforrest08 said:

Mostly I run the E85 when it makes “cents” ie. MPG=COST or when I need a little more fun in my life

I agree with this and do the same!  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^   and also shy away from E85 in winter.

The Ethanol Free gas here is about $.20 a gallon more than the premium 93 which pushes the price to about 3.40 a gallon here presently.

22 minutes ago, wforrest08 said:

I don’t drive this truck in the winter but if I did I’d avoid the etho all winter long because it’s my belief that etho contains more moisture than non, but some people like to argue about that.

You are correct, sir.  Learned this the hard way with 30+ gallons of Sta-bil treated fuel in a pontoon boat.  Put it away for the winter and had to drain 1.5 gallons of water off the tank in the spring before I could use it.

There is a Marathon gas station 1 mile from my hunting property that sells 93 EF and I drive there to fill my boat up and also a 100 gallon tank on the back of my trailer for my lawnmowers and motorcycles through the year since it isn't that close by (150 miles). I top off my tank in my truck while I am at it but never saw a difference in MPG. Thats the only one I know close that sells 93 closeish to me. There is a lot of 91 octane but I dont bother with those. 

All The Wawa gas stations at least here in Florida sell non ethanol gas. The non ethanol pumps are usually on bothe ends of the station they ha e blue handles on the pumps. They call it recreational fuel, it is all I run in my boat. Outboard motors and ethanol do not do well together.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, drentlaw1 said:

Actually, 91 with E10 and even 93 with E10 will run better in the 6.2l than just straight 91/93.

The 6.2 really needs 93 at the minimum, the E10 will really help with detonation control / knock resistance.

The 6.2 is not intended to run Ethanol.
Hard to avoid though with it in just about every gas at a small percentage.

Not e85. But if almost every gas station is selling e5-e15 and has been for almost a decade now, manufacturers have accounted and designed for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk