Sierra Dan

Experience with Using or Ever Heard of 100% Non-Ethanol Fuel?

Tried a tank 93-0% alky in Pepper about a year ago. Totally removed all knock retard even on 7% grades. What it didn't do was justify the cost spread which locally was about 30% over 87=10% alky. Power wise my butt dyno could tell no difference. My 2cents on the topic. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Tried a tank 93-0% alky in Pepper about a year ago. Totally removed all knock retard even on 7% grades. What it didn't do was justify the cost spread which locally was about 30% over 87=10% alky. Power wise my butt dyno could tell no difference. My 2cents on the topic. 

Great report Grumpy.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

I filled up with 90 octane ethanol-free at a local station, along with two 5-gallon gas cans in case I needed to siphon out some for generator gas due to the hurricane.   Florence ended up going south, but the truck is enjoying the good stuff.   Unfortunately, fuel economy seems the same as 87 E10 and there's no noticeable performance difference.   Truck is 5.3L 6-speed. 

• Like 1

We have Kwik Trips around here and their premium does not contain ethanol. 

The Meijer here has no ethanol in any of their grades. I use the 87 ethanol free blend for the boat, saves me $20-30 each fill up. 

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:43 AM, Sierra Dan said:

Great report Grumpy.

Thanks!

I try to be useful. :thumbs: