OEM Off-Road Light Switch Install

Just wanted to add another reference point.

Installed my new headlight switch and pgamboa harness in my '18 2500HD.  I don't have a light bar or anything hooked up yet but based on the lights on the dash everything is working as expected.

16 minutes ago, A.J. Curtis said:

My switch is arriving today and Im pretty sure it won't work on my late 2015.5 truck. I am hoping Pgamboa can hook a brother up :cheers:

With having a 15.5, you may get lucky as they should be similar if not the same as a 16.  They made significant changes with the 15.5 and later.

29 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

I've decided I'm going to use one of the Homelink buttons with a wireless receiver.  Still will look factory same as this headlight switch.

That's actually a cool idea.  I wish I had the Homelink buttons but mine didn't come with them and from what I've seen some people spend to try to add it, I just opted to get a $20 garage remote.  I'll be interested to see how it works for you though.

21 hours ago, lapoolboy said:

I've decided I'm going to use one of the Homelink buttons with a wireless receiver.  Still will look factory same as this headlight switch.

If you find a receiver that only uses one of the Homelink buttons please let me know all the set ups I’ve seen so far requires two of the buttons one for “on” and one for “off”. I don’t want to lose two buttons but I’d be fine with one. Thanks

Got my switch installed today in my 2018 Sierra All Terrain X. Trigger isn't going anywhere yet, but I have to agree with lapoolboy, the off-road button is very sporatic. Sometimes you have to mess with the fogs before the off-road will turn on/off, mostly in park though. While driving, I didn't try it much but I believe it would reliably work only when the fogs were on.  Gonna play with it a bit, see if I can nail down what it wants to happen to work.

1 hour ago, 02SOMWS6 said:

Got my switch installed today in my 2018 Sierra All Terrain X. Trigger isn't going anywhere yet, but I have to agree with lapoolboy, the off-road button is very sporatic. Sometimes you have to mess with the fogs before the off-road will turn on/off, mostly in park though. While driving, I didn't try it much but I believe it would reliably work only when the fogs were on.  Gonna play with it a bit, see if I can nail down what it wants to happen to work.

Best of luck.  I got too aggravated with it and went back to stock switch.

Having one issue with the fog light button and the pgamboa harness. On my LT truck, the old switch fog light button doesn't light up. With the new harness the off road light lights up as expected but not the fog. 

Phil, Tinkering Fox, do I need to add another wire to the harness for the fog button light up?

https://youtu.be/CRNs1QOPEXQ

It's a little unclear in the video but the fog button on the switch never lights up green nor changes at all from the white whereas the off road switch flips between white when off and orange when on. 

Just wondering if there is a wire missing to enable the fog light switch to light up green when the button is pressed like the off-road lights up orange. 

Edited by mammut

1 hour ago, mammut said:

It's a little unclear in the video but the fog button on the switch never lights up green nor changes at all from the white whereas the off road switch flips between white when off and orange when on. 

Just wondering if there is a wire missing to enable the fog light switch to light up green when the button is pressed like the off-road lights up orange. 

As I stated, the foglight icon on the switch does not change color like the ORL icon does.

So ive been looking at ways to change a single pulse signal to a constant signal using a few relays. But the way i saw you can latch the relay but it cant be unlatched until power or ground is removeď.  The other way to do it and get it to work perfectly uses 5, yes, 5 relays all wired up a certain way. Im not sure that that is what i wanna have under the hood all to have a fog light switch work.

Thats a screenshot from the video i saw.

Screenshot_20181005-221732_YouTube.jpg