OEM Off-Road Light Switch Install

On 9/17/2018 at 2:02 PM, pewterliftedz said:

I got my $25 switch in, and went ahead and installed it.  Now I just need to get my harness from Phil, and windshield bracket from SDHQ

D329508A-88BF-4A30-9FDF-7101349DCD04.jpeg

• Like 2

I also got my switch, going to put it in the same time I get the wiring from Phil...

Lights came today, I like them but not sure it's exactly what I'm looking for. The mounting plate bends a little on the sport bar, so the lights sit at a bit of an angle. Might be able to shim them straight, or move them more towards the center. Or I might use these as cargo/reverse lights and hang them under the bar. 

Kp2TiTG.jpg

5HZfRHO.jpg

• Like 4

On 9/22/2018 at 5:41 PM, pgamboa said:

Ok folks, for anyone wanting this headlight switch harness, I have them ready made, and ready to ship.

$35 shipped anywhere in the US.

They are built with the same specs as shown in the video by Tinkering Fox.

Harness is labeled for easy installation!

Thanks to @Tinkering Fox for collaborating with me on this project!

PM me to order.

904b79b7340ef343716e92cc00648a3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my harness today Phil. Thanks. Now i just need to figure out which lights i want. 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 6:12 PM, Cburge95 said:

Okay well it appears as though this switch won’t work in the 2014s. I just made my harness following TinkeringFox’s video and my switch doesn’t do anything. No light on the instrument cluster and the switch doesn’t change to amber. Can anyone confirm this? I’m assuming the BCM isn’t configured for it.

Uh oh!!! I got my switch and installed it. It works perfectly. Lights and backlighting all work like factory.  I ordered the harness from Phil. I hope it works!!! Im not concerned if the switch lights up a different color or if the light on the dash comes on, if it even has it. All i want is for my light bar actually come on at least with the long press. It would be nice if i could just tap the button though.. maybe someone else could confirm if the 2014 LTZ Z71 even has that ORL icon on the dash.

• Like 1

Installed my switch and harness this evening and noticed two things:

1.) Switch doesn't activate when in Park. Truck has to be out of Park in order for the switch to work.

2.) Switch will also turn the headlights and parking lights on too, just like if you press the fog light button.

Overall, I'm happy with it. The instructions were perfect and it was great having the pre-made harness.

On a side note, I do have an extra switch (blue color) because I accidentally ordered two. I did plug it in and test it and it does work. If anyone is looking for one, send me a PM.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cburge95 said:

I just tried again on my ‘14 and put it in drive and still no dice. emoji17.png

Is there anyone else on here with a 2014 that has done this? 

Cburge95, do you have the lights using a relay or are you just trying to run it directly off of the switch?

Is there anyone else on here with a 2014 that has done this? 

Cburge95, do you have the lights using a relay or are you just trying to run it directly off of the switch?

I haven’t tried it with anything hooked up to it yet. I wanted to test to see if it’d even work before running all the wires out underneath the hood to my light bar. Because theoretically it should supply 12v to the yellow wire when the switch is depressed right? Even without anything hooked up to it?

• Like 1

For you guys with 2014/2015 or anyone else that this doesn’t work for (due to BCMs not being programmed to output these triggers), please be patient with us.

We have an alternate method that allows you to use the OEM headlight switch to still drive whatever lights you want, but uses a different method.

We are working very hard between our day jobs, family, etc...to bring you these amazing mods :)

So please be patient with us.

• Like 7