Range Device Disable AFM ODBII $78.75 woot

2018GMC

FYI Woot is selling Range AFM Device for $78.75 Reg $199

Wonder if this is an older model that requires sent in for firmware update?

Model:  FBA_RA003

https://sellout.woot.com/offers/range-technology-active-fuel-management?ref=w_cnt_lnd_cat_tool_4_2

Amazon Reviews

https://www.amazon.com/Range-Technology-Active-Management-Disable/dp/B00BR1R8N8

Edited by 2009GMC
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, ecb1084 said:

You’re the man ! Thanks for the post . I have been thinking about ordering one of these. Just bought one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I may pick one up. Hopefully can send in for latest firmware for free if requires update. At more than half off, what the hell LOL

Insane price! Picked mine up with an ebay coupon a couple weeks ago for 150 and thought I did good lmao.

Last night with it taken out "testing mpg difference" I had the truck on cruise at 75 and it acted like it got stuck in v4 trying to go up a hill, it shook, lost speed and finally kicked into v8. Think Ima put the range back on.......

Mine is RA0003 with software V8.6R1 which I believe is the newest. 

26 minutes ago, batman900 said:

Insane price! Picked mine up with an ebay coupon a couple weeks ago for 150 and thought I did good lmao.

Last night with it taken out "testing mpg difference" I had the truck on cruise at 75 and it acted like it got stuck in v4 trying to go up a hill, it shook, lost speed and finally kicked into v8. Think Ima put the range back on.......

Mine is RA0003 with software V8.6R1 which I believe is the newest. 

Good to know latest version. Ill post what my version is once I receive it.

This is by far one of the best purchases I have made for my truck.

800 mile round trip test with and without Range AFM Disable. 250 miles Interstate Driving (60mph-75mph) + 150 miles 2 lane curvy driving (45mph-55mph)

Without Range, 24mpg avg

With Range, 21mpg avg

21mpg and power. I'll take that over 4cyl mode anyday.

Currently waiting on my BlackBear tune so once thats done and I have permanent AFM disabled, I will have a Range for sale as well. 

Sent mine in a couple weeks ago to get the latest version before selling to a coworker with a 18. UPS with the 100 dollar minimum insurance both ways (Iowa to Colorado back to Iowa) was 24 bucks with 2 padded envelopes (one each way). Sent it out on Saturday morning had it back Friday.  I had Plasti Dipped the LEDs cause I didn’t like the ghetto light show at night on the floor the one I got back wasn’t that one but looked brand new so I’m guessing they got a rotating pool of them they update?

Edited by wforrest08

22 hours ago, DHaze83 said:

This is by far one of the best purchases I have made for my truck.

800 mile round trip test with and without Range AFM Disable. 250 miles Interstate Driving (60mph-75mph) + 150 miles 2 lane curvy driving (45mph-55mph)

Without Range, 24mpg avg

With Range, 21mpg avg

21mpg and power. I'll take that over 4cyl mode anyday.

Currently waiting on my BlackBear tune so once thats done and I have permanent AFM disabled, I will have a Range for sale as well. 

Maybe its how its worded, but you got 3mpg better not using it? 

36 minutes ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

Maybe its how its worded, but you got 3mpg better not using it? 

That is correct. The drive i am reffering to is a section of I-70 between Denver, Co and Rifle, Co. Lots of ups and downs, and my style of driving obviously plays into that. Its always 90% the driver. Ive seen way better milage on a more level equal distant trip though. Up above 30+mpg. For the areas i drive in accompanied with they way i drive, Id much rather be in V8 mode permanently. The transition from V4 to V8 just bugs me. 

• Like 1

Interesting, I would have never thought AFM would lead to 3+ mpg improvements, 0.5mpg maybe in my mind if anything at all.. Please don't tell me stop-start will give us another 3mpg on top of that or I will give up and buy a TTV4 Silverado. The big issue I have is that V4 mode on my 2014 has a glitch in communicating with the transmission and it will slam itself into 2nd gear at 35mph and lock it in that gear. Disable V4, and it will never do it, dealer cant solve it either. Thanks for the post OP, I will finally pick one up rather than drive that truck in M5 mode all the time. Cheers

FYI How to check Firmware version of Range Device. 

If you still have the retail box (black box with picture on the top of the module), you can look on the "spine" and there should be a sticker that has some numbers in the format of:

Vx.yyRz

The first number is the major version, the second is minor version, and the "Rx" section is just a build number.

FOR EXAMPLE:

V8.3R1 is Version 8, minor version 3, Release(build) 1

The module will do the following if you plug it in, or whenever it wakes from sleep:

1. The LEDS will cycle end to end as the module performs it's internal diagnostics
  2. Once they complete, it will BLINK the LED on the far right the number of times for the major Version number
  3. The LED right next to that will BLINK the minor version.

In the above 8.3 version example, you would see:

1. FIRST LED will blink EIGHT (8) times
  2. After #1 completes, the SECOND LED will blink THREE (3) times