In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Nick Horn
      My 2014 Silverado has developed an unbelievable rattle in the cab. I would swear up and down it is in the center of pillar A on the passenger side.
      Has anyone else had this problem?
      I have it took apart right now, and I cannot find where it is coming from. Its going to drive me crazy.
      Any help would be very appreciated.
    • By spenpet
      I have roughly 56k miles on my truck...don't use 4wd very often, but occasionally...

I have noticed i have a clicking sound when turning at slow speeds...I haven't been able to climb underneath my truck yet (not even sure I would be able to tell unless something was blatantly obvious).  I did a search and found some threads about steering column causing a click...it isn't my steering wheel...

if it is a CV issues, are these under the power train warranty or am I SOL?  Any advise appreciated!
    • By MattHutch
      Hi all,

First post. Just wanted to share this story and get feedback and see if others have had a similar experience.

At approximately 70,000 kms I started noticing an engine tick. At first I assumed it was some sort of direct injection noise. It got worse. Eventually I lost almost all power and I brought the truck in to the dealer for servicing. I was told that I had a bent push rod on cylinder #4. That was replaced and nothing else. I questioned why this happened and I was told it is common.

At 85,000 kms the tick returned/got worse. Again I brought the truck to the dealer. Eventually (after a few arguments) they decided to replace valves/lifters on the 4 AFM cylinders, and they found another bent push rod. When I went to pick up the truck, the noise was still there.

They completed further diagnostics and found scuffing on 2 pistons. They called GM and they said to replace the engine. Full engine replacement!

Any thoughts, comments on this? I haven't got the truck back yet - waiting on engine to be replaced.

Matt
    • By Dan P.
      I just got a new to me 2011 2500HD duramax with 99k miles on it. Just here recently every time I put the truck in park and it rolls until the transmission catches I hear a pretty loud popping sound from somewhere under the dash in the floor of the drivers seat. Everything works fine as far as I can tell, and I’m fairly certain it’s inside the truck. I can feel it in the brake pedal and sometimes I think I can in the steering wheel. It doesn’t do it in a turn or anytime the truck is moving in drive or reverse. Only does it when put in park and let go of the brake. I have no clue what it is. Thanks!

• By Dan P.
      I just got a new to me 2011 2500HD duramax with 99k miles on it. Just here recently every time I put the truck in park and it rolls until the transmission catches I hear a pretty loud popping sound from somewhere under the dash in the floor of the drivers seat. Everything works fine as far as I can tell, and I’m fairly certain it’s inside the truck. I can feel it in the brake pedal and sometimes I think I can in the steering wheel. It doesn’t do it in a turn or anytime the truck is moving in drive or reverse. Only does it when put in park and let go of the brake. I have no clue what it is. Thanks!