CEO Mary Barra Discusses GM's Short & Long Term Priorities - Here's What She Said About Trucks

Gorehamj

Chilling view of what's coming via the "leaders" of the well indoctrinated millennial generation.

Lower mobility populations are easier for a central authority to control...  Even just "connected" vehicles allow for ease of central control as well. 

No money is being allocated for security of seriously hackable onboard systems.  Why not?  Maybe for ease of central control...
Maybe I'm just wearing a tin foil hat but it's certainly food for thought.

Edited by hatzie

In this political correct world we live in today,  where everything is nice and everyone loves each other, men are now women and women are men, everyone has a high paying office job in the city, where autonomous electric cars will solve all the world's problems, where our V8's are taking years off our grandchildren's lives and the ice caps are melting and killing bears because of Corvettes, where women need equality and pay rights because they don't have it, where due process is pointless and men's careers are destroyed by the accusation of one person, in a world where everything that is right is actually wrong, does it honestly surprise any of you that GM's female CEO doesn't give a damn about trucks or what we need? 

If you want people to care about the future of trucks, we need to knock back the extremists liberalized society back a few pegs, let them know how the world and work force actually works.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:44 PM, Nargg said:

You are obviously not an average consumer of vehicles.  The items that have no use for you have a lot of use for most others.  In other words, the World does not revolve around you.

No it doesn't revolve around Mopac, it revolves around me. What's the matter with you Nargg? :lol: 

Wait! Are you wearing yoga pants and a man bun? :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

When your electric cars get 400 to 500 miles per charge, then you will have my attention.

Stick with what you know, build us a mini-truck for the masses, listen to your customers, and tell the EPA to drop dead. So simple maybe I should apply to become President of GM. I'll even work for half your salary.

This will be sooner than you think. Tesla S is over 300, with the roadster approaching 400.

Mini truck? Tell the EPA to drop dead?

Lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, we're talking about GM here, not Tesla. They should have perfected the electric cars years ago. They had a head start. Everybody likes mini-trucks here in California. Around the dimensions of the old S-10, no bigger. Standard four cylinder with optional six cylinder, available in regular cab or extended cab. Keep the price under $22,000 and it will sell. It would also help GM meet their CAFE requirements because it would be good on gas. The current Colorado is too big and too close in price to the Silverado. Not the 2019, of course. EPA. Yes, when they say jump, Gm says how high? They are the ones offering incentives to auto makers for this start/stop garbage. If the automakers would just stand up to the EPA and tell them progress doesn't come over night they wouldn't be forced into a corner.

She’s not an idiot.

GM knows how it’s bread is currently, and for the foreseeable future, is buttered.

She said what she said to appease Wall Street. The more carmakers become tech companies, the stronger the stock price.

Look at automaker stock valuations. They’re in the dumpster despite strong sales, profitability and dividends.

Then a company like Tesla comes along and has a higher market cap while selling 1% as many vehicles.

And besides, when 2/3 of your global profits come from one particular vehicle in one particular market, the Street wants to see your plan for diversification moving forward...they already know what you’re doing now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Well all I can say is that I am glad that I will be not driving anymore when this shit happens. I will just be sitting around being happy to remember my name. hahahaha

A sad commentary in my view anyways. But then again we heard all this shit in the 1970's as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

She's delusional. They can't even build internal combustion engines right, even having OVER a century of manufacturing knowledge to tap into. So now we're going to kick 100+ years of knowledge to the curb and try something new. Fantastic idea ... :rolleyes:

Electric trucks ought to be a real hoot. :lol:

I guess the bottom line is ... and we've been hearing this not directly through speech, but through the globalist's actions ... that the internal combustion engine offers too much freedom. They need the world driving unreliable vehicles that can be disabled at the flick of a switch. Why, I have no idea. Guess it's part of their fantasy of going back to the "kings and serfs" way of ruling the masses. Unreliable vehicles with limited range and next to no infrastructure to recharge them, no borders, just one, big "happy" utopian world. China has been demonstrating how wonderful this new world will be with their social credit system ... ?

4 minutes ago, Jsdirt said:

I guess the bottom line is ... and we've been hearing this not directly through speech, but through the globalist's actions ... that the internal combustion engine offers too much freedom. They need the world driving unreliable vehicles that can be disabled at the flick of a switch. Why, I have no idea. Guess it's part of their fantasy of going back to the "kings and serfs" way of ruling the masses. Unreliable vehicles with limited range and next to no infrastructure to recharge them, no borders, just one, big "happy" utopian world. China has been demonstrating how wonderful this new world will be with their social credit system ... ?

OK, I love my ICE truck as much as anybody, but a few points.

I totally agree with your point about the "utopian" world of "social credit" systems and that it's not a positive direction.  However, right now I think it's just as easy to disable a 5.3L Silverado "at the flick of a switch" as it is an all electric Bolt or the "hybrid" Volt.   On Star can do that now, regardless of what propulsion system you have.  There's a computer controlling them all.   The limited range of electrics is currently a problem.  But there a LOADS of people with their own electricity generation infrastructure (solar panels) on their homes.  I don't know anybody with their own oil refinery in the backyard.  So in terms of "controlling the masses" I would think it'd be easier to choke off the gas supply than get rid of all the solar panels.   Finally, I think pure electrics are likely to be far more reliable than ICE given the huge reduction in the number of parts.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2018 at 8:11 PM, RyanbabZ71 said:

People want smaller trucks??? I’d take a full size over a mini any day of the week.

Ryan B.

Yes, they want smaller trucks.  There are more short bed trucks on the road than standard bed trucks.  To me a short bed is a waste. May as well drive a Ridgeline. The dealership here said they will not order one to put on their lot.  They only order them if a customer specifically wants one.  Plus the building community doesn't even consider making a house with a properly sized garage to fit a full size truck anymore.  Millenials don't care, they just want their tech gadgets and not concerned with driving.  I know of a few that are in their early twenties and don't even have a drivers license and don't care to get one.

It will be interesting in 30 years when people need a plumber, electrician or HVAC person to come to their house and get stuck with a nice huge bill because there will be far and few out there in those fields.  Blue collar worker is an occupation that is going extinct.   Mike Rowe is trying to change it at least.

Edited by Black02Silverado
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, mopac said:

OK, I love my ICE truck as much as anybody, but a few points.

I totally agree with your point about the "utopian" world of "social credit" systems and that it's not a positive direction.  However, right now I think it's just as easy to disable a 5.3L Silverado "at the flick of a switch" as it is an all electric Bolt or the "hybrid" Volt.   On Star can do that now, regardless of what propulsion system you have.  There's a computer controlling them all.   The limited range of electrics is currently a problem.  But there a LOADS of people with their own electricity generation infrastructure (solar panels) on their homes.  I don't know anybody with their own oil refinery in the backyard.  So in terms of "controlling the masses" I would think it'd be easier to choke off the gas supply than get rid of all the solar panels.   Finally, I think pure electrics are likely to be far more reliable than ICE given the huge reduction in the number of parts.

I agree with you on paper ... but in reality, when GM, FoMoCo, or any of the others start mass producing these things, and cutting corners & pinching pennies like they always do, what you'll end up with is something far worse than what we've got right now ... and let me tell ya, we're not in very good shape as it is. I've already done a few major repairs on vehicles that aren't even close to 5 years old. I've never seen anything this poorly designed in my life.

Modern vehicles are rolling tributes to Walmart - cheap crap ... only they're being sold at a premium price point.