High Country LED Cluster Goes Blank

6 hours ago, Colossus said:

The easier you can duplicate the issue, the easier the service department will have in trying to fix it. 

I have been trying to figure out the pattern, but there doesn't seem to be any I can come up with.  It happens every once in a while and I could be on the highway underway, sitting at a stop light, driving through a neighborhood, rough road, smooth road.  Completely inconsistent as far as patterns.  I am beginning to think its a software issue because if it were a loose connector, rough roads and bumps would exacerbate the issue, but it hasn't proven out so far.

1 hour ago, 2019_Silverado_HC said:

I have been trying to figure out the pattern, but there doesn't seem to be any I can come up with.  It happens every once in a while and I could be on the highway underway, sitting at a stop light, driving through a neighborhood, rough road, smooth road.  Completely inconsistent as far as patterns.  I am beginning to think its a software issue because if it were a loose connector, rough roads and bumps would exacerbate the issue, but it hasn't proven out so far.

I agree, I was thinking software as well. 

The other thing I noticed is that when mine went out completely, all the buttons still worked fine (I didn't know until it came back on) So it's almost as if the dash and HUD are working, it's the display itself that we are losing. 

Has anybody found any resolution to this?

I just picked up a 6.2 LTZ yesterday. No problems on the drive home from the dealer. I took it on a 20 mile drive this evening and the cluster went out constantly. Probably 40 or so times. The cluster and HUD go out together. It stays blank for about 5 seconds or so then comes back on. It didn’t effect drivability at all. The truck has 100 miles on it. 

I took a video of it on my cell and am going to the dealer with it tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone has any answers as to what’s causing it yet? 

Service Procedure

Note: Two corrections are provided in this bulletin and the selection of which to follow is dependent on the vehicle’s build date and the cluster end model part number currently in the vehicle.

Vehicles produced from start of regular production through September 14, 2018 with cluster end model part numbers 84569411 through 84569418:

Note: Programming of the replacement P16 Instrument Cluster MUST be performed to complete this repair.

1. Replace the P16 instrument cluster. Refer to Instrument Cluster Replacement in SI.
  2. Perform the necessary programming and setup procedure. Refer to P16 Instrument Cluster: Programming and Setup in SI.

Vehicles produced from September 15, 2018 through October 19, 2018 with cluster end model part numbers 84592856 thru 84592863

1. Reprogram the P16 instrument cluster. Refer to P16 Instrument Cluster: Programming and Setup in SI

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, 2017Darkness said:

Service Procedure

Note: Two corrections are provided in this bulletin and the selection of which to follow is dependent on the vehicle’s build date and the cluster end model part number currently in the vehicle.

Vehicles produced from start of regular production through September 14, 2018 with cluster end model part numbers 84569411 through 84569418:

Note: Programming of the replacement P16 Instrument Cluster MUST be performed to complete this repair.

1. Replace the P16 instrument cluster. Refer to Instrument Cluster Replacement in SI.
  2. Perform the necessary programming and setup procedure. Refer to P16 Instrument Cluster: Programming and Setup in SI.

Vehicles produced from September 15, 2018 through October 19, 2018 with cluster end model part numbers 84592856 thru 84592863

1. Reprogram the P16 instrument cluster. Refer to P16 Instrument Cluster: Programming and Setup in SI

Where did that info come from? I’m headed to the dealer right now. I’ll update with what they tell me. 

An update for everyone. I took the info given in this thread by 2017Darkness to my dealer. They found the bulletin. My truck was built after September 15 so all they had to do was a software update. On the drive home today there were no issues at all. Before it would go out at least once a minute. So far so good. If your having the same issue I would take it in and give them the service bulletin info. It looks like its a fairly simple fix if your truck was built after September 15. 

Thanks for the help 2017Darkness!

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...