High Country LED Cluster Goes Blank

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2019 Silverado High Country with the 6.2L.  I have had several issues with my center display.  At 2500 miles it started making vertical lines on the display.  A few minutes later it shorted out and started smoking.  It has spent quite a bit of time at the dealership and they replaced the gauge cluster and the center display but it just failed again two days ago at 3800 miles for the second time.  

Smoke.jpg

third fail.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

thanks to everyone posting their issues and solutions, Just got back from a road trip where the center display blanked out twice and I thought the GMC logo was supposed to flash during startup. Now I know what to tell them to fix when I bring it in.

On 12/30/2018 at 2:39 AM, ms55330 said:

thanks to everyone posting their issues and solutions, Just got back from a road trip where the center display blanked out twice and I thought the GMC logo was supposed to flash during startup. Now I know what to tell them to fix when I bring it in.

My truck had a recall for the cluster display.  It was a software update to correct intermitent  issues with the cluster.

Edited by O Town Denali

Same thing happened to me driving home from the dealership.  That night at about 50 miles per hour all the dash lights went totally black including infotainment.  It came back on and all seems ok.  I have noticed the GMC logo seems start up strange when's starting the car.  It flickers and has lines like it has bad reception

2 hours ago, chadkee said:

Same thing happened to me driving home from the dealership.  That night at about 50 miles per hour all the dash lights went totally black including infotainment.  It came back on and all seems ok.  I have noticed the GMC logo seems start up strange when's starting the car.  It flickers and has lines like it has bad reception

Mine flickers as well on start up. 

• 3 weeks later...

I had 4 software updates done on mine on Saturday at the dealer, no more flashing screen on start up, they said the updates fix the other Infotainment and back up camera / sensors as well. So far so good.

5 hours ago, eppieguy said:

I had 4 software updates done on mine on Saturday at the dealer, no more flashing screen on start up, they said the updates fix the other Infotainment and back up camera / sensors as well. So far so good.

Can you list what software version you are running?  It is under Settings, About.