2019 Silverado Custom True Dual Exhaust

23 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I can’t wait to here the exhaust noises coming out of trucks with skip fire. It’s going to be hilarious. The they I see out of it is with baffled mufflers, increased exhaust flow (V8) opening baffles to open exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What, you don't like "Beat boxing"?

10 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

I see where you’re coming from and the option to can tune was one based on common sense and not one that made myself or my neighbor want to have either one of our trucks warranty affected. Zero trace from the can tune versus you’re f’ed having your DMax warranty denied due to sending your cpu out for a one way trip. Ive seen far to many horror stories of horrible running trucks due to sending out and having it tuned. I know for a fact, dealerships I’ve traded my diesels at “ALWAYS” checked to make sure my trade in was stock. Besides, I didn’t mind using DEF fluid, better using DEF fluid than polluting what we’ve got left just to add a couple extra seconds. I know for a fact, blowing coal is not only idiotic but illegal in many states and will get your truck confiscated. To much BS to deal with all that, happy with my can.

Def is fine for warm places.. when its frozen in a truck that stays outdoors all the time all it does is lead to repeated dealer visits and constant limp mode.  Everyone I know with an LML deleted there trucks while under warranty and that stopped all issues lol.  Then the L5P even with 3 heaters and its "better system" still throws guys into limp mode and really has the same problems that way after idling all the time.  I don't know anyone rolling coal... but getting better mileage, more power and no more emission system headaches... it's worth it.  Maybe not to the casual user where weather is a non issue or even it can stay warm most of the time indoors.

There are deleted L5Ps running around already here lol.. but we have no emission law legislation and no such thing as the EPA to worry about either.

You and your neighbor may be interested in this though.

https://shop.bankspower.com/i-2618-66582-banks-derringer-tuner-with-activesafety-with-switch-for-use-with-2017-19-chevy-gmc-2500-3500-6-6l-l5p.html#!submodel%3D6.6L DIESEL||model%3DSILVERADO 2500||make%3DCHEVROLET||year%3D2017

Edited by SierraHD17
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Just look up banks. Yes you can tune.

Banks is like a plug in interface that only modified signals which actually would be more up the alley of guys like TXgreek from what he explained in his last post.  With HP it's now like tuning any other truck with full unlock capabilities.

• Like 1

Banks is like a plug in interface that only modified signals which actually would be more up the alley of guys like TXgreek from what he explained in his last post.  With HP it's now like tuning any other truck with full unlock capabilities.

I’ve used banks kits a few times it’s a little more than just a caned tune. The question was are there tunes offered, the answer is yes. If you take the time to read their website about what they address and how they do it, engine,transmission, fail safes, warranty, impressive. I have friends, family members, who went delete, tune after warranty on higher mileage diesels to keep from spending big bucks keeping them on the road. The results was better fuel mileage and better drivability.

9 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I’ve used banks kits a few times it’s a little more than just a caned tune. The question was are there tunes offered, the answer is yes. If you take the time to read their website about what they address and how they do it, engine,transmission, fail safes, warranty, impressive. I have friends, family members, who went delete, tune after warranty on higher mileage diesels to keep from spending big bucks keeping them on the road. The results was better fuel mileage and better drivability.

Right lol.  Maybe re-read my posts lol.  And yeah... Banks is a plug in interface that doesn't actually tune anything on the ecm lol.  It's similar to the systems guys use on Toyota Tundras and yes it works.

The point is.. the gas engine half tons will be fully tunable.  That's it.

Edited by SierraHD17

Right lol.  Maybe re-read my posts lol.  And yeah... Banks is a plug in interface that doesn't actually tune anything on the ecm lol.  It's similar to the systems guys use on Toyota Tundras and yes it works.

The point is.. the gas engine half tons will be fully tunable.  That's it.

65 HP, 100ft lbs TQ and transmission interface not to shabby.

No it's not.  But that much or more power, the drivability cleaned up and no emissions junk to fail is what sells most people I deal with.  

I agree, but some of us have to deal with emissions. Reminds me, back in 1995 I was driving a V-10 Dodge 1-ton. I gutted the cats and was driving in NJ, came across a road side sniff test. Every other vehicle, I just got by. 10K fine if I got caught. Never thought I’d be in NJ and there I was. Every state has different emissions laws.

Companies are already working on inline performance modules that plugs inline with the ecu and doesn't change anything in the ecu it just changes the signal coming from the ecu.  The Ram has the Pulsar available and I am sure the GM's will be available soon  https://www.diablosport.com/shop/pulsar-2019-ram-1500-5-7l-hemi.html

On 9/18/2018 at 12:46 PM, Sierra Dan said:

Came across this for you 2019 owners.

Sounds good!  Looks like a Trail Boss with aftermarket Tires.

Great looking truck as well. :thumbs:

Video seems to be in Spanish......

I el like-o mean exhaustos on my el trucko 

Vroom Vroom

On 9/24/2018 at 11:50 AM, Payton34 said:

Companies are already working on inline performance modules that plugs inline with the ecu and doesn't change anything in the ecu it just changes the signal coming from the ecu.  The Ram has the Pulsar available and I am sure the GM's will be available soon  https://www.diablosport.com/shop/pulsar-2019-ram-1500-5-7l-hemi.html

10 or 15 years ago I had a "maf translator". It went inline with the mass airflow sensor it allowed you to manipulate the maf frequency which inturn let you leave or richen the car based upon the Maf frequency.  It's a easy way to adjust the fueling on any car that uses a Mass air flow.  

Funny how quickly that became obsolete for tuning software.  I got rid of it when I bought HPTuners and never looked back.  What's old is new again.