Lift or leave leveled?

TXGREEK

I wonder if a 4" diff drop setup with a 2" or 2.5" coilover spacer would work or if it would just make a mess of things?  That way you get the small lift with out loosing down travel.  Plus, you could always increase the spacer later if you wanted more lift.

Edited by Mike GMC

How does Towing effect a leveling Kit?

I’ve Had leveling kits on other trucks before but never while towing our 7200 pound camper. Just curious if it raises the front end to much?

Wouldn’t know, never towed with a level or lift. If you add at least a 1” onto the stock rear I’m sure it would help compensate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My truck rides better with zone 4.5 (bilstein 5100 stock setting) than it did with bilstein 5100 at 1.8". 

Currently, my Bilstein 5100’s are set at stock too, have 2.25” spacers up front and 1” added in rear. I am running heavy (62#) 285/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers which equate to 34’s. Wondering if I did just the 4.5” zone or ProComp up front and switch out the rear with bigger blocks and longer Fox shocks. It’s pretty much permanent Once I do a lift so it’s going to take some time.

I think the suspension geometry being stretched is just as big a factor, if not more so, than the spring setting. I imagine you'd see a similar improvement to me. My wife even commented that the ride seemed better with the lift. 

That’s very good to know. What size wheels and tires are you running?

I'm kind of in the same boat you are. My 2018 Silverado LTZ 6.2 Max Tow is  leveled 2 1/2" with Fox coilovers and Reklez UCA's and running 285//60/R20 Toyo RT's  on 20x9 '0' offset Hostile wheels. My last truck was a 2013 GMC SLT crew cab 6.2 and I had a 4" CST suspension lift on it with 20 x10 -19 Hostile wheels and 295/55/20 Toyo MT's. 

Said I was going to just level this truck but I went ahead and bought the CST stage 1,  4 1/2" lift for it. I'll going to wait till Winter when I slow down with work before I decide to install it or not. Truck should ride better with the lift anyhow because the Fox coilovers will be set back to stock height for the lift.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

That’s very good to know. What size wheels and tires are you running?

Stock wheels, 275/60/20 falken wildpeak tires for now. Had them already on with the leveling shocks, but only 10k miles on them so I'm waiting to go bigger tires until these wear out. Probably 275/65/20 once these are done. 

Stock wheels, 275/60/20 falken wildpeak tires for now. Had them already on with the leveling shocks, but only 10k miles on them so I'm waiting to go bigger tires until these wear out. Probably 275/65/20 once these are done. 

You’re running a lift with stock wheels?

Apparently spoke too soon. Noticed today there is slight rub on the nub of the UCA at the ball joint on sidewall. Doesn't manifest at full lock, so I guess that's how I missed it. 

Not sure how I want to resolve it. 275 is already a narrow tire, so I'm a little baffled. Looks like 4 options:

monitor rubbing to see how bad it really is over time. 

1/4" spacer (not a fan of these slip ones) 

1" spacer (don't really want to go that wide) 

New wheels (Hopefully can get close to cost by selling the stock wheels...) 

Apparently spoke too soon. Noticed today there is slight rub on the nub of the UCA at the ball joint on sidewall. Doesn't manifest at full lock, so I guess that's how I missed it. 

Not sure how I want to resolve it. 275 is already a narrow tire, so I'm a little baffled. Looks like 4 options:

monitor rubbing to see how bad it really is over time. 

1/4" spacer (not a fan of these slip ones) 

1" spacer (don't really want to go that wide) 

New wheels (Hopefully can get close to cost by selling the stock wheels...) 

Same thing happened to my when i tried to run stockers for winter. What about aftermarket UCAs

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone w/ Bilstein and Fox
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys

You guys aren’t going to believe this, I just found out Trailmaster suspensions are actually ProComp with just different labeling. Had one of my techs run to a couple off-road stores with me and specs are identical. Then I found out they’re made in same town in California as ProComp.