How To Clean Your WindShield Free of Any Contaminants

VdellaV

20 hours ago, rae185 said:

Where did you get that brush guard and lights? im interested in getting something similar to that it looks good!

Thanks! My set up is:

-GoRhino Winch Guard (without headlight brush guards)  PN 23174B

-Rigid Industries 30" E-Series Led Light Bar with Amber Covers PNs 130313 and 110933

-Rigid Industries 10" Radiance Led Light Bar with Amber Cover PNs 210043 and 110933 

-eBay Special Chinese 9" Round Led Lights With Clear Cover PN ???

I work at a Polaris Dealer / Jeep & Truck Modification Shop in Puebla, Mexico which sells these, so i can get them with a good discount because my truck parked outside attracts customers one every while.

• Like 2

Do you have anymore photos of the front end?

1 hour ago, VdellaV said:

Thanks! My set up is:

-GoRhino Winch Guard (without headlight brush guards)  PN 23174B

-Rigid Industries 30" E-Series Led Light Bar with Amber Covers PNs 130313 and 110933

-Rigid Industries 10" Radiance Led Light Bar with Amber Cover PNs 210043 and 110933 

-eBay Special Chinese 9" Round Led Lights With Clear Cover PN ???

I work at a Polaris Dealer / Jeep & Truck Modification Shop in Puebla, Mexico which sells these, so i can get them with a good discount because my truck parked outside attracts customers one every while.

On 25/9/2018 at 2:36 PM, rae185 said:

Absolutely love your truck man looks great! one last one what wheels are you rocking?

Thank You!

Stock 17" Steelies it came from the dealer with, painted semi matte black

On the pics they were wrapped in 285-70-17 BFG KO2s

52 minutes ago, VdellaV said:

Thank You!

Stock 17" Steelies it came from the dealer with, painted semi matte black

On the pics they were wrapped in 285-70-17 BFG KO2s

I need to get me a set of those! They look great with the push bar. I left you a follow on Instagram and subbed on youtube! Keep up the cool work on it!

14 hours ago, rae185 said:

I need to get me a set of those! They look great with the push bar. I left you a follow on Instagram and subbed on youtube! Keep up the cool work on it!

Thanks! I always appreciate subs!

The good thing about steelies is that theyre cheap and abundant so when you destroy them it doesnt hurt too much to replace them (ask me how i know)

IMG_2372.JPG

related - I had a BAD issue of parking my truck & wife's MDX on a side of my driveway that had a few pine tree branches stretching out & hanging over a section of my driveway, well this year a ton of cones were dangling right at the end of a couple of these limbs & absolutely doused my hood/cab/windshield/sunroof etc. w/ sap. So much sap that the droplets scattered all over my concrete driveway literally looked like shattered glass until you got up close, quarter sized globs 1/8" raised off the metal!

I was like - WTF how in the world am I going to get this off without taking outrageous amount of time/effort. RainX bug/tar remover doesn't work great on hardened sap or sap that's been sitting on the paint for more than a couple days, it also doesn't work so great on paint that isn't already protected well w/ multiple coats of wax like my truck - I get it waxed maybe 2-3x a year but it sits outside 24/7. On my vette that gets wax on the reg + spray polish etc. sap comes pretty off easily w/ over the counter stuff. 

Long story short- isopropyl Rubbing alcohol did the best job vs. anything else I tried & I'm talking like it isn't even close. Like not worth discussing anything else. Rubbing alcohol removed the "elbow grease" from the equation, period.

Probably (definitely?) not good for your wax or clear coat, but neither is dozens of globs of sap all over....however it isn't going to do any harm to glass other than removing the sealant you may or may not put on....don't wanna threadjack but rubbing alcohol >>>>>>>> vinegar.

However - got some rusted crappy old tools? VINEGAR soak overnight will make em look brand new. Worked on an old set of rusted out cold chisels I had like a charm. 

• Thanks 1