2014 Silverado Crew Cab on 33's - 5.3L with Tune

Alan79

Hello All,

This is my first time posting in this forum!!

Just bought a DiabloSport Itune I3 Platinum Programmer.

I am looking for some decisive direction as well as suggestions on the best parameters for tuning my truck with the I3 Platinum.

Specs of Truck:

2014 Silverado Z71 LTZ 2WD Crew Cab
Rough Country leveling kit installed
33" x 12.5" x 22" Nitto Terra Grappler G2 A/T tires
5.3L Ecotec flex engine
K & N Cold Air Intake installed
Gentle 46k miles
I RUN 93 OCTANE IN THIS TRUCK

Being a 2 wheel drive (It Does have the Z71 package, Rancho shocks, etc...) Obviously it raked in the front.
First thing I did was put the K&N CAI on and it was like a rocket in Manual 5 gear mode, when I shifted through the gears myself.

After leveling kit and 33's with aggressive tread, it was complete garbage. No power, confused shift points, almost like missing. Just a hot mess.

So I bought the Intune I3 first, rather than switching to a 4.10 gear (which I may do later).

Already turned off AFM and that was immediately effective. Also, 15% throttle boost.

Can anyone suggest the best parameters to make this bad boy get up and GO!!??

I would like to know if there is a good idea on what ECM and TCM adjustments should be made to not only get that stock power back on 33's. But also get good fuel economy.

The standard Diablo Flex, Jammer and 91 tunes don't seem to help a whole lot. Still bogs down and takes forever to get through 1st and 2nd gear. Anybody know about these tuners on a 14 Silverado with 33's?!?!?!

Please help!!!

Alan

My recommendation is to return these canned tunes and contact Black Bear performance.  They do custom tunes, and many of the guys on this site have them.  Search the forum for blackbear and you'll find all the info you need.

Since you have the I3, reach out to Lew at diablewtune.com as mentioned above.  You should be able to change tire size in the unit.  I used to run the canned Diablo 91/93 tunes and finally decided to have him do a custom tune for my 2018.  The difference is night and day between the canned tune and custom one.  

The last time I messed with DiabloSport was on my 2008 Ranger and I wasn't impressed at all. I went with Black Bear Performance on my 2015 Silverado and it's absolutely fantastic. I've got E rated 33s on Pro Comp 17" steel wheels. I honestly couldn't tell a difference in a loss of power with their tune. If anything, it was better. Not to mention I averaged 21 mpg driving from San Diego to Mississippi with the cruise set at 80.

1 hour ago, MN1(SW) said:

The last time I messed with DiabloSport was on my 2008 Ranger and I wasn't impressed at all. I went with Black Bear Performance on my 2015 Silverado and it's absolutely fantastic. I've got E rated 33s on Pro Comp 17" steel wheels. I honestly couldn't tell a difference in a loss of power with their tune. If anything, it was better. Not to mention I averaged 21 mpg driving from San Diego to Mississippi with the cruise set at 80.

This is exactly what I am looking for. Did you do an AutoCal, Traditional or Scan Cable? Great info! 

Um, I'd be lying if I told you. The guy that owns the company actually lives in San Diego so while I was still stationed there, I had him do the street tune for me. I also bought the actual tuner. He created quite a few tunes for me and duplicates of each one with AFM on and off. It definitely shifts a helluva lot better and he fixed the gas pedal issue. I know they have different methods of setting you up but I would get the tuner if I were you. If you can't do the in person tune, you can just plug the tuner in, record a few minutes of information, then email that to him. He really doesn't need to be in the truck. He can see exactly how you drive by looking at the data. The only reason he really rides along is to give customers the warm and fuzzy.