Aluminum door stress marks?

1 hour ago, dphel27 said:

That is correct. :)  The key fob feature plan which they call remote access starts at $14.99 a month. They have a unlimited plan for $39.99 a month. Apparently the representative from ONSTAR told me these changes have been in effect since May. 

I knew about the 14.99 deal , But I'm shocked they lowered the free trial period down to only 1 month. It used to be 5 years or 3 years for remote access (formerly called the basic plan), and 6 months for the full package. Are you certain that the 1 month is for the remote access, not just for the full service plan? Onstar = scam.

sorry to hijack your thread, but you made an interesting statement. I would also talk to PDR guys about that door and get GM to pay for repairs if you choose to go that way.

ONSTAR only provides 1 month free trial for the remote truck app??  
I want to complain... but I guess I never needed it,  outside of testing it a few times on my 2016. 

It’s a 5 years on remote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Cmillerjr said:

I would most definitely have the dealer look at it. I would not settle until those doors are replaced. Mine is black and it is not like that at all. 

The Fords have this problem REAL bad. Every truck I've seen on the road has it, 2015 or newer.  

Hopefully the dealer takes care of it as this is the first Chevy I've heard of with the problem. I really hope it's not par for the course.   

OP: It doesn't look like warping. It looks like something hit it. Stamped panels just don't "warp". My guess is sometime after production, during transport or while jammed into some cramped lot waiting for shipping. Hope you get satisfaction.

1 hour ago, Hate Work said:

OP: It doesn't look like warping. It looks like something hit it. Stamped panels just don't "warp". My guess is sometime after production, during transport or while jammed into some cramped lot waiting for shipping. Hope you get satisfaction.

Thank you. I looked at five of them today and the warping was consistent on four out of the five I looked at. Most all in the same spot underneath the door handle. Since my truck is black its really hard to differentiate a dent from a warp in a picture. A lot easier to see in person.  

Edited by dphel27
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, shift_grind said:

The Fords have this problem REAL bad. Every truck I've seen on the road has it, 2015 or newer.  

Hopefully the dealer takes care of it as this is the first Chevy I've heard of with the problem. I really hope it's not par for the course.   

I agree, ever since Ford has been using aluminum door skins, they look terrible at that angle with all sorts of warping going on. 

18 minutes ago, DCazares said:

I agree, ever since Ford has been using aluminum door skins, they look terrible at that angle with all sorts of warping going on. 

Anyone unwrapped a roll of Aluminum Foil? Not real smooth is it? :lol:

I’m still waiting to hear back from Chevy. I asked the service manger at the dealer today if they could just repair it. He told me it may make it worse if they try to repair it. Same thing my body shop said in a round about way. 

Since I’ve discovered this problem I’ve been paying attention to other vehicles. I’ve noticed quite a few Ford F-150’s ( aluminum body ) with warping and rippling. Like others, I have seen some that look just plain horrible. It does make me wonder if all the Fords with the issue were like that from day one or if heat and other elements play a factor in the warping / rippling over time with aluminum. 

Has anybody else noticed any warping on the new Silverados? Particularly on the door panels under the door handle? 

Thanks

Edited by dphel27

1 hour ago, dphel27 said:

I’m still waiting to hear back from Chevy. I asked the service manger at the dealer today if they could just repair it. He told me it may make it worse if they try to repair it. Same thing my body shop said in a round about way. 

Since I’ve discovered this problem I’ve been paying attention to other vehicles. I’ve noticed quite a few Ford F-150’s ( aluminum body ) with warping and rippling. Like others, I have seen some that look just plain horrible. It does make me wonder if all the Fords with the issue were like that from day one or if heat and other elements play a factor in the warping / rippling over time with aluminum. 

Has anybody else noticed any warping on the new Silverados? Particularly on the door panels under the door handle? 

Thanks

I have only seen it on Fords, but I've only seen a few 19 Silverados in person.  On the Fords they are like that brand new. I was at the dealership last summer and every new truck had it, some worse.  Doors and bed, down the entire length on some.  

K2 Silverados tend to have it on the flat part of the wheel well by the tire.  Sierra's don't because of the extra bends there.  Gmt900s had it though, on some.  

The GM's that have it are nowhere even close to as bad as the 15 plus f150s. 

Edited by shift_grind

On 9/20/2018 at 4:12 PM, TXGREEK said:

The GMC or Chevy app is free, I believe it’s good for no less than 5 years and comes with lock/unlock and a remote start feature

That’s incorrect, it has changed. The remote feature for the app is no longer free for 5 years. Now you only get 1 month free. I was disappointed when I discovered this as I used it a good bit in my 15’ in the winter months. 

That’s incorrect, it has changed. The remote feature for the app is no longer free for 5 years. Now you only get 1 month free. I was disappointed when I discovered this as I used it a good bit in my 15’ in the winter months. 

No, I own 18 cc z71 6.2, 16 SLT Yukon, 16 DMax z71 all three work with my GMC app.

43 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

No, I own 18 cc z71 6.2, 16 SLT Yukon, 16 DMax z71 all three work with my GMC app.

However neither of the three you mentioned are 2019’s and that’s what we’re talking about. Do you own a ‘19? I had two  ‘14’s and a ‘15. All came with 5 years free remote app. I’m not sure about the 18’s but the 2019 model year you only get 1 month.  Trust me I even called back to talk to another person to make sure their information was correct. 

Edited by Cmillerjr