Aluminum door stress marks?

However neither of the three you mentioned are 2019’s and that’s what we’re talking about. Do you own a ‘19? I had two  ‘14’s and a ‘15. All came with 5 years free remote app. I’m not sure about the 18’s but the 2019 model year you only get 1 month.  Trust me I even called back to talk to another person to make sure their information was correct. 

Do you own a 19?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just read what’s offered with 19’s free OnStar, same free 5 years with properly equipped vehicles. That means the 19’s have free 5 years with specially equipped vehicles. Bet you buy the top of the line then you’ll get it all free.

I do, I traded a ‘15 2500 High Country on a ‘19 LT TrailBoss with bose and navigation. I get 1 month free. 

Bet you’re happy going from a 15 to a 19. I checked with my go to sales guy and he said I’d get it and it’s offered free with high end models only. Though I never thought about it, I’ve used my app may 5 times in three years just cause I was to lazy to go downstairs to get my keys lol

17 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Bet you’re happy going from a 15 to a 19. I checked with my go to sales guy and he said I’d get it and it’s offered free with high end models only. Though I never thought about it, I’ve used my app may 5 times in three years just cause I was to lazy to go downstairs to get my keys lol

I really only used it when I was in a store or somewhere out of range of the fob. 

17 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Do you miss your 15?

Not really, the new one has every option the High Country did except leather. The fuel mileage supersedes the seats, 10-12 in the 2500 and averaging about 18 in the new one. And it fits in the garage better lol. 

Not really, the new one has every option the High Country did except leather. The fuel mileage supersedes the seats, 10-12 in the 2500 and averaging about 18 in the new one. And it fits in the garage better lol. 

That’s great that you’re enjoying your new truck, be safe and God Bless

That is correct. [emoji4]  The key fob feature plan which they call remote access starts at $14.99 a month. They have a unlimited plan for $39.99 a month. Apparently the representative from ONSTAR told me these changes have been in effect since May. 

Pretty sure it’s 5 years on my 2017.

On 9/21/2018 at 2:33 PM, dphel27 said:

I’m still waiting to hear back from Chevy. I asked the service manger at the dealer today if they could just repair it. He told me it may make it worse if they try to repair it. Same thing my body shop said in a round about way. 

Since I’ve discovered this problem I’ve been paying attention to other vehicles. I’ve noticed quite a few Ford F-150’s ( aluminum body ) with warping and rippling. Like others, I have seen some that look just plain horrible. It does make me wonder if all the Fords with the issue were like that from day one or if heat and other elements play a factor in the warping / rippling over time with aluminum. 

Has anybody else noticed any warping on the new Silverados? Particularly on the door panels under the door handle? 

Thanks

I went to the dealership yesterday to look at the new trucks (wife says just buy one already....). 

They had 6 2019s and I didn't see any imperfections in the doors.  2 of them I couldn't get the right angle on one side to really see but I couldn't find anything wrong with them.  Perhaps if I went over each one for 20 minutes, but on the Fords I notice it immediately if you're at the right angle.  

Sorry about your luck OP.  If it were me, I'd rather they swap doors if they're willing.  Can't imagine their body guy wouldnt be able to line it up right.  Since your truck is black I wouldn't worry about the paint not matching either.  

Edited by shift_grind

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:45 PM, SILVER SLED said:

Those were grandfathered in.  The new plan started in late 2018 even on 2018 models.  

I purchased a 2018 Denali on August 3rd.  Just tried the remote start on my iPhone GMC app and its already inoperative.  I can purchase that feature for and a few other unnecessary items for $14.99/mo.

No thanks!  I'll just use my key fob to remote start the truck.  Five years to one month is a pretty dramatic change!

I do pay $10 a month for the WiFi hotspot however.

Thanks everybody for the help and feedback. I approached Chevy and the dealership to see if they were willing to replace the two doors. After a couple weeks they finally got back with me to tell me they wouldn’t be replacing the doors. They’re reason was what I originally thought was warping is actually “ stress marks “ from my the stamping process and they consider this normal. The regional manager from Chevy said majority of the trucks have some type of stress marks on them. The service manager at the dealership told me he has seen 3-4 19’s on their lot that have the stress marks on the door panels. 

I'm disappointed they weren’t willing to make it right with me. The stress mark on the rear passenger door looks like a dent and you can see it from any angle especially since my truck is black. At least the Chevys don’t have the ripple effect like the Fords. A couple stress marks looks much better in my opinion. 

I think I can live with it. After all it’s a great truck!!! ?

Edited by dphel27

On 9/27/2018 at 5:26 PM, JohnEaton54 said:

I purchased a 2018 Denali on August 3rd.  Just tried the remote start on my iPhone GMC app and its already inoperative.  I can purchase that feature for and a few other unnecessary items for $14.99/mo.

No thanks!  I'll just use my key fob to remote start the truck.  Five years to one month is a pretty dramatic change!

I do pay $10 a month for the WiFi hotspot however.

Curious how you scored wi if for $10/ month. Thought it was $20. 

On 9/27/2018 at 5:26 PM, JohnEaton54 said: