I picked her out

Well I went to the dealer and put a down payment on a 2018. It’s the exact truck I wanted. It was a little more than I had hoped but there were few other trucks optioned the way I wanted. 

I pick her up Saturday. I’m super excited. 

The only question I have now is I can wait to buy an extended warranty correct? I was planning on just saving up and paying for the warranty out of pocket instead of rolling it in to the monthly payments just to keep the amount financed lower. 

Thanks in advance. 

79128D71-3D05-45E4-AB94-DC001D76B9AC.jpeg

• Like 7

I don't work for them and I actually didn't buy from them, but the last time I priced the GM Warranty there was a dealer in PA that had the best price I could find.  My purchasing dealer actually matched their price and that's why I went that route.  But at least worth a check.

http://www.gmoutlet.com/gmepp_quote.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations and good luck looks like a nice ride. Shop your best price for the warranty have your dealer match it and roll it into your Finance if your interest rate is real low. I thought maybe the a teens were at 0% or up to 2% you can't beat basic free financing

Really read the fine print on what most of those warranties do and don’t cover.  

Are you planning on modifying the truck any? Tunes and lifts typically will make dealers not warranty things most extendended warranties cover. Not all dealers are that way so shop around as others have said. 

I personally never ever go for extended warranties.  Either don’t keep a vehicle long enough or plan on modifying it long before. ?

There is a reason these warranties are such a huge deal. You can't even buy a microwave without a hustle. Deals that are good for the seller are usually not good for the consumer, and extended warranties are verrrrrrrry good for the seller.

13 hours ago, adock22096 said:

The only question I have now is I can wait to buy an extended warranty correct? I was planning on just saving up and paying for the warranty out of pocket instead of rolling it in to the monthly payments just to keep the amount financed lower. 

nice rig.

If you can save up to pay for an extended warranty out of packet, just put the money in your bank and don't touch it. You'll thank me when you need to pay for a repair on any of the 90% of the truck that the extended warranty doesn't cover.

I bought an extended warranty and regret doing it. 

47 minutes ago, aseibel said:

nice rig.

If you can save up to pay for an extended warranty out of packet, just put the money in your bank and don't touch it. You'll thank me when you need to pay for a repair on any of the 90% of the truck that the extended warranty doesn't cover.

I bought an extended warranty and regret doing it. 

Because you barely drive your truck Andy.....  that is the regret.

Extended warranties are more for peace of mind down the road or those that rack up the mileage/wear and tear on a vehicle. IMHO....

30 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Because you barely drive your truck Andy.....  that is the regret.

Extended warranties are more for peace of mind down the road or those that rack up the mileage/wear and tear on a vehicle. IMHO....

Maybe. But I also plan to keep this baby for a decade. So I will reach the mileage you have eventually.

That was the only reason I agreed to it at the time - for the long term benefit.

I regretted the decision on day #2 after I had more time to think about it and research.

There are way more parts that are uncovered. Anything that is wearable and regularly replaced - you are on your own. They try to sell you on all this possible savings. Well, I'd need to blow up the engine and tranny before I would see any savings. On these trucks you are much more likely to pay thousands to repair electrical problems that are not covered. I wish I had the cash back to spend on my house or new tires... or anything else.

Edit: I'm also bitter about this whole situation because I really do not trust the snake that sold it to me. I thought I did at the time, but I had a later experience with him that really made me reconsider. Just like duquephart said above, they are not running a charity, they are selling it because they make money off you.

Edited by aseibel

I’m speechless. I guess the dealer couldn’t wait a few days for my credit union to process the loan application. They said if I waited they wouldn’t be able to give me as much as the offered off that I should just finance through them and then refinance at a better rate later. I called the sales guy and he pretty much started yelling at me so I told him I wanted my money back because I’m not buying the truck.