I picked her out

1 hour ago, squeak93 said:

Run away fast. 

Fixed it for you squeak :D

34 minutes ago, adock22096 said:

I guess it just means there’s a different truck out there with my name on it. 

That's the perfect attitude to take toward the situation.  GM makes new trucks every day and there is a dealer who will treat you right.....you just have to be patient and find the truck and the dealer. Best not to regret a snap decision.  

Good luck and it will work out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, aseibel said:

nice rig.

If you can save up to pay for an extended warranty out of packet, just put the money in your bank and don't touch it. You'll thank me when you need to pay for a repair on any of the 90% of the truck that the extended warranty doesn't cover.

I bought an extended warranty and regret doing it. 

I second that.

18 hours ago, adock22096 said:

I’m speechless. I guess the dealer couldn’t wait a few days for my credit union to process the loan application. They said if I waited they wouldn’t be able to give me as much as the offered off that I should just finance through them and then refinance at a better rate later. I called the sales guy and he pretty much started yelling at me so I told him I wanted my money back because I’m not buying the truck. 

What dealer? I've long thought there should be a "dealers to stay away from" section here. Problem is that pretty soon all dealers would be listed.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2018 at 4:29 PM, adock22096 said:

I’m speechless. I guess the dealer couldn’t wait a few days for my credit union to process the loan application. They said if I waited they wouldn’t be able to give me as much as the offered off that I should just finance through them and then refinance at a better rate later. I called the sales guy and he pretty much started yelling at me so I told him I wanted my money back because I’m not buying the truck. 

I'm sorry to hear that. Seems pretty shady for them to retract the offer after you put a down payment on it.

You're probly better off avoiding that dealer.

When buying my wife's CPO car- I was about to go pick up my loan check from my credit union when I got a call from the dealer that my loan paperwork was ready. I was like WTF? I never gave you permission to run my credit. I told them I was financing through my CU. Apparently they get some kickbacks for doing financing in house and get all bent out of shape when you go elsewhere. Luckily for my situation, they matched the term and rate I was going to get, so it didn't affect my deal.

1 hour ago, aseibel said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Seems pretty shady for them to retract the offer after you put a down payment on it.

You're probly better off avoiding that dealer.

When buying my wife's CPO car- I was about to go pick up my loan check from my credit union when I got a call from the dealer that my loan paperwork was ready. I was like WTF? I never gave you permission to run my credit. I told them I was financing through my CU. Apparently they get some kickbacks for doing financing in house and get all bent out of shape when you go elsewhere. Luckily for my situation, they matched the term and rate I was going to get, so it didn't affect my deal.

Selling financing is a huge profit stream for dealers. They aren't "helping you out" by putting a loan together any more than they are doing so by installing a $6.00 high brake light flasher ("it's a safety feature") and charging you $399.95 for it. Financing at the dealer is for fools. It's like the sign at the old Shakey's: "We have a deal with the bank. We don't cash checks and they don't make pizza."

Edited by duquephart

3 minutes ago, duquephart said:

Selling financing is a huge profit stream for dealers.

I still don't know how they make money on it, but they have to. My deal was so weird- the loan went to my credit union anyway, so at the end of the day, it didn't even matter to me, not 1 penny difference and my payments still went to the same financial institution. But the dealer was adamant that they should submit the application for me. What P'd me Off was that I already applied for my own loan, and my credit got pulled twice. My credit score took a hit that month. After I specifically told them not to do it because I was getting my own financing.

I know its different when the loan is from GM Financial, but this is nuts. Basically anything a salesperson offers that you didn't ask for is a scam to make them more money.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:29 PM, adock22096 said:

Find a new dealer willing to help or work with you.

Like Mama always use to say.....  "Dealers are like a box of chocolates..... You Never Know What Your'e Gonna Get!" :dunno:

5 minutes ago, aseibel said:

I still don't know how they make money on it, but they have to. My deal was so weird- the loan went to my credit union anyway, so at the end of the day, it didn't even matter to me, not 1 penny difference and my payments still went to the same financial institution. But the dealer was adamant that they should submit the application for me. What P'd me Off was that I already applied for my own loan, and my credit got pulled twice. My credit score took a hit that month. After I specifically told them not to do it because I was getting my own financing.

I know its different when the loan is from GM Financial, but this is nuts. Basically anything a salesperson offers that you didn't ask for is a scam to make them more money.

They get a "spiff" for putting the loan together, same as a loan officer would. It's a sale. If they can they will middle a % or two for themselves. Car dealers don't do anything out of pure convenience for the customer. If you gave the dealer your SSN you have no one to blame but yourself.

3 minutes ago, duquephart said:

If you gave the dealer your SSN you have no one to blame but yourself.

I guess so. But when I got to that part of the paperwork, I stopped. I asked if they could complete the transaction without it. He said no. I made my salesman bring the finance guy over and I told them both right there that I was not financing through them and they should not run my credit.

I thought I took care of it, but they went ahead and screwed me anyway. That is why I was so pissed about the extended warranty, because this was the same guy that I bought that jewel from a year earlier.

6 minutes ago, aseibel said:

I guess so. But when I got to that part of the paperwork, I stopped. I asked if they could complete the transaction without it. He said no. I made my salesman bring the finance guy over and I told them both right there that I was not financing through them and they should not run my credit.

I thought I took care of it, but they went ahead and screwed me anyway. That is why I was so pissed about the extended warranty, because this was the same guy that I bought that jewel from a year earlier.

Trusting anyone at a car dealership ----- no future in that. There are dealers who won't let you take a test drive until you've filled out a credit ap. What's really astonishing is that consumers put up with this crap. This begs the question: If you were arranging your own financing why did you even start the paperwork?

Edited by duquephart

On 9/21/2018 at 5:51 AM, Foghorn17 said:

I don't work for them and I actually didn't buy from them, but the last time I priced the GM Warranty there was a dealer in PA that had the best price I could find.  My purchasing dealer actually matched their price and that's why I went that route.  But at least worth a check.

http://www.gmoutlet.com/gmepp_quote.html

Thank you for the recommendation of James E. Black Cadillac for the extended Warranty.  I saved over a $1000 on my GM Protection plan extended warranty!  My Dealer could not match their price!

1 hour ago, DougFL said:

Thank you for the recommendation of James E. Black Cadillac for the extended Warranty.  I saved over a $1000 on my GM Protection plan extended warranty!  My Dealer could not match their price!

Unfortunately my dealer only sells third-party warranties (oops- no can do!).  If it were from GM I would at least look it over, but there's some regulatory issue here in FL having to do with warranties, benefitting the dealers of course, which dictates the prices and prohibits negotiating.