Tire size 2019 20” to my 2016. 20”

sams819

35 minutes ago, SAMS819 said:

This is a photo of my 275 55 r 20 Goodyear eagles with 200 miles and the Goodyear trail runners that I have bought for my 2019 that comes with 275 60r 20.The tire is much taller than the tires on my 2016. Better than an inch.

6AAC68CB-99F4-4F13-91F7-192DCA7192C2.jpeg

Sam,

Are we missing something? Is this a question, opinion you are seeking or are you ranting?  LOL

What is on your mind sir? :rolleyes:

You are correct. My post was that I had new Goodyear duratracs for winter that were for my 2016. But since I ordered a 2019 and they changed the tire size I now sold the duratracs and bought trail runners . Was just showing the size difference as I am sure the overall diameter would throw off my speedometer and odometer. 

The 275/55's are 31.9" tall

The 275/60's are 33" tall

So a difference of 1.1" (if both tires were unmounted & brand new)

The reason it seems like more is because there is the weight of your vehicle on your 275/55's. Makes those tires seem shorter.

I actually am waiting for my 2019 to be built. TPW of 10/01/18. I had the duratracs on my spare oem wheels to run this winter, but because they changed the tire size on my 2019, I sold the duratracs and bought the trail runners. My brother has them on his 2015 and said they are the best tire he has had. ??????

On 9/23/2018 at 12:02 PM, Sierra Dan said:

Looks like many of the upper trim level T1s come equipped with Bridgestone Dueler AT

vs. The Goodyear Trailrunner AT.

The GMC trucks seem equipped with Bridgestones.

And the Chevy with Goodyears.

My High Country came with Bridgestone Alenza 275/60/R20

Doug,

I think it depends on the package you have. Standard 4x4 packages will not come with All Terrain Tires unless optional, if available.

Z71 Silverado and X31 Sierra off road packages come with the All Terrain tires.

Either Bridgestone AT's or the Goodyear Trail Runner AT's pictured above.

• 2 weeks later...

SO... my question is could I replace my 275/55/20 with the 275/60/20 on my stock 2015 20" wheels without any issue.  It looks like there is plenty of space under the fender, and I want a little more side wall... Looking at the Adventure AT Kevlar that has a little side wall tread.   Stock suspension, NON Z71