Maintenance Question

Roader

I use mobile one advance fuel economy ow-20 oil and the adeco pf63e filters. I just can't find the none E version outside of eBay and I don't trust what I but there allot of the time. So far I've had no issues. I also change my oil before there is 20% life left as well.

My one suggestion for you if you do your own oil change is get one of those quick hook up plugs, best thing I every did as it makes no mess.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, AE1M said:

Guess I will try some after-markets, maybe the Mobil-1 or Bosch.

Will dealers install the E-Core filter?   If so, I can’t imagine it is bad as Chevy wouldnt risk the bad publicity or risk replacing engines really.

If the E core was truly bad, and mind you that GM has been using them for around 3-4 years now, on MILLIONS of oil changes, wouldn’t you expect to see lots of engine failures by now? 

10 hours ago, Brianibew said:

If the E core was truly bad, and mind you that GM has been using them for around 3-4 years now, on MILLIONS of oil changes, wouldn’t you expect to see lots of engine failures by now? 

Exactly.  Pretty much every AC/Delco oil filter is an Ecore.  They are just fine for use up to 8k miles.  If you go higher on your oil changes then it would be wise to go to a filter marketed as such.  AMSOIL EaO, Mobil 1, Wix XP, Bosch Extended, Fram Ultra.