In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Cmillerjr

Intermittent Radio/Camera Problems

Has anyone had this problem? Got a 2019 GMC Sierra Denali a couple of months ago, and my screen has gone dead three times. It’s at the dealer now, they’re trying to find a software update, but I already did the one when prompted. (Pictures came out sideways). 

F815936A-F8ED-43D1-83CC-8CA8EAB108E9.jpeg

6B3C4E9D-4A7A-48DC-8A46-6AB5AAE3D615.jpeg

11FC2CB6-5299-41E9-9BD3-90408AB12369.jpeg

No software update I know of will fix that.

It looks like either a connection issue (cable or board) or a bad display.

I see similar issues when cables get pinched too.

I know you guys will think I’m crazy but I fly for the Military in a fully digital cockpit. If we rush certain things on startup or change one step during the display boot sequence it can cause a number of issues that manifest during flight. This will cause us to either have to reset certain systems by pulling circuit breakers or shut down the aircraft and remove battery power then attempt to restart. Reading about the issue in that link seems like exactly the same issue. Most of these result around BUS driven electronics that require complex communication between different pieces of hardware. You might be mad that a $60k truck has these issues but I fly million dollar aircraft that experience the same issues. 

Edited by electron_si
  • Like 4

Had the same issue as you Kaos94. Dealer replaced the screen over Thanksgiving. It’s back in the shop now for a non-responsive passenger mirror. Hope this is the last time. I’ve been to the dealer three times in less than 35 days.  At least the dealership is responsive and always very helpful!

Probably the same back seat design as the K2s which Rattle also.
There are a few threads on this issue.

Check your jack under the rear passenger seat ...I worked in a Chevy dealership before now at a Harley Dealership. Yes it’s a lot of money for the truck but it doesn’t matter if it was a Vega rattles are annoying so I isolate and corrected mine myself...more convenient than going to the dealer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 12/6/2018 at 3:35 PM, Kaos904 said:

Has anyone had this problem? Got a 2019 GMC Sierra Denali a couple of months ago, and my screen has gone dead three times. It’s at the dealer now, they’re trying to find a software update, but I already did the one when prompted. (Pictures came out sideways). 

I had the same problem on Christmas morning.  Except, we smelled burning wires and observed flickering lights on the controls just blow the screen.  I pulled the Infotainment fuses and called the dealer the next morning, dropped the truck off yesterday.  They put me in a loaner for an indefinite amount of time.  

17 hours ago, Scttgr8 said:

Check your jack under the rear passenger seat ...I worked in a Chevy dealership before now at a Harley Dealership. Yes it’s a lot of money for the truck but it doesn’t matter if it was a Vega rattles are annoying so I isolate and corrected mine myself...more convenient than going to the dealer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The K2 seat rattle noise comes from the driver side rear seat bracket that has a plastic clip.

The plastic clip either comes loose or falls off completely causing a metal on metal rattle.

Any update on the radio not having sound just had this happen to my trail boss 

Posted (edited)

I am on my third radio and have been to the dealership 7 times. Today the third radio is doing the same as the first two. The radio itself works but no sound comes out of the speakers. @GMCustomerService

Edited by FLA_19TrailBoss

Almost sounds like the Audio Amp is a problem if you have one. Some basic radios output directly to the speakers while the advance units will send the audio to the Amplifier. Have not seen

any schematics on the 2019s to verify the hardware layout.

On 12/6/2018 at 2:35 PM, Kaos904 said:

Mine has the same problem, just bought the truck.. Started the truck screen was fine, put it in reverse and got the bubble view, then when I put it into drive the screen scrambled like shown in the photos, I turned off/restarted the truck and it went away.. I guess I'll see if it comes back

Just purchased a 2020 Sierra 1500 AT4.  It only has 500 miles on it.  Got in the truck today, and the audio had completely stopped working.  No radio (FM, AM, or XM), nothing from my phone via bluetooth or USB, no audio warnings for no seatbelt, etc., no voice recognition feedback....you get the picture.  Anyone else having this problem?  I see where this has been an issue for some of you, but no recent posts.  Any updates?

Taking it to the dealership today, will post if I hear anything about this problem.

Edited by iank21

I have a 2019 Silverado. The radio has been intermittently freezing. Chevy has already replaced the unit, and it started happening again. The touch screen does not work, sometimes the screen goes black, sometimes there is no sound, but the display works. Google assist never picks up on the first voice command. I always have to summon it a second time. My truck is currently at the dealership so that group engineers can look at it. They are tearing into electrical. I have heard this is happening to others. Anyone else have this problem and successfully get it fixed?

S

On 9/24/2018 at 10:00 AM, Sierra Dan said:

Yea,

Get them to the dealer so they can start brainstorming.

hahahahha

But yes mine is experiencing the same issues. Unresponsive touch screen, completely freezing up. Ive got a new one lately, starting the truck and having the radio volume blast to full for about 3 secs then goes back to normal. To be honest I would like to have the fish eye vs the standard view, it actually looks like there is a wider field of view. 

Edited by anthony2558

I just bought a 2019 GMC Sierra SLT a couple weeks ago. Now that I just hit 1,000 miles my radio sound quit. No sound from: radio, blue oooh, XM, or anything. Very frustrating to have trouble so damn fast with a new vehicle.