Show Us Your 2019 & Up T1 Pictures !

7 hours ago, bcato said:

I briefly had an '18 Denali with ultimate pkg, traded in on my '19 AT4.  With the 2018, I never felt like I had a "new" truck just for the simple things like no keyless start, the wireless charging tray was not big enough for "plus" sized phones, it didn't have the button unlocks on the door handles, etc.   I had to get my drivers seat cover replaced in the denali so I had a loaner '19 AT4 for a day and got to experience the differences in the newer models.   I personally thought the retracting side steps were annoying, and I never could see the value in the expensive denali suspension.   

The Bose system is hands down better in the '19 AT4, the software look/controls in the console display look better and are easier to use.   Love the tailgate on the '19, and the 6.2/10 spd tranny is awesome.    I recently made a cross country towing trip with it - no problems.

Thanks very much for your opinion,it’s greatly appreciated..  another thing that’s a concern is the 6.2 requires premium fuel.  In Canada, province of Ontario high test fuel is considerably more expensive than regular unleaded, sometimes up to.15 cents a liter.  I saw a summit white AT4 about a month ago with the 20” wheels an it was luv at first sight. Still not a lot of them on the road here, although more & more everyday I’m seeing.  Any significant price increases for 2020 ?

13 hours ago, Joe98 said:

Thanks very much for your opinion,it’s greatly appreciated..  another thing that’s a concern is the 6.2 requires premium fuel.  In Canada, province of Ontario high test fuel is considerably more expensive than regular unleaded, sometimes up to.15 cents a liter.  I saw a summit white AT4 about a month ago with the 20” wheels an it was luv at first sight. Still not a lot of them on the road here, although more & more everyday I’m seeing.  Any significant price increases for 2020 ?

Unless something has changed it only recommends premium fuel to get the best fuel economy and performance not requires it; you can run regular in it just fine. You will lose about 1 mpg and maybe 10-15 hp, nothing noticeable. We run that in out 6.2 most of the time unless we are towing or going to higher elevations when it is hot. Not a single issue and over 90k miles...

Tyler

6 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

Unless something has changed it only recommends premium fuel to get the best fuel economy and performance not requires it; you can run regular in it just fine. You will lose about 1 mpg and maybe 10-15 hp, nothing noticeable. We run that in out 6.2 most of the time unless we are towing or going to higher elevations when it is hot. Not a single issue and over 90k miles...

Tyler

Thanks for the info amxguy.  I was always under the impression and told by several people that if you didn't run the premium fuel in the 6.2 motor it would usually ping and throw an engine code.  Good to know...

just picked this up yesterday. had boards and tonneau cover waiting. De-badged it today. looks much better without that z71 on the side and trail boss sticker on the box. getting ready for ceramic coat and window tint. Also, got to throw on the 1.5 leveling kit and then I will order wheels and tires.

62611838_10157352489843739_9081060773697945600_n.jpg

62524557_10157352489878739_4126390847539249152_n.jpg

Edited by jtl1985
  • Like 7

On 6/14/2019 at 7:22 PM, jtl1985 said:

just picked this up yesterday. had boards and tonneau cover waiting. De-badged it today. looks much better without that z71 on the side and trail boss sticker on the box. getting ready for ceramic coat and window tint. Also, got to throw on the 1.5 leveling kit and then I will order wheels and tires.

Good choice, you make me want to de-badge my Trail Boss :thumbs:

On 6/10/2019 at 12:51 PM, Sierra Dan said:

20's are good. I like mine. Fairly comparable to an 18 if you have lowered air pressure.

22's however are Overkill and more harsh riding IMHO

18's are better for a truck that sees more off-road terrain.

I do like the 18" AT4 wheels though.

overkill in what way?  

The tire brand, model, air pressure, & size will overwhelming determine how a vehicle rides.  

Lots of opinions on here but no real facts or on how a tire and it's composition affect the handling of the vehicle.

Airing down your 20s to make them feel like your 18s.......??? proves my point.  The internal pressure of the tire should be exactly what is recommended by the manufacture.  Every aspect of how the truck performs, handles, brakes, etc is optimized for the recommended tire pressure GMC(and every other manufacturer) recommends.

On 6/15/2019 at 2:40 PM, NWI Denali said:

People who buy the 6.2 and run 87... smh

-Our trucks are not high compression/boosted motors screaming around a track constantly over 5500 RPMS.

-The gains on large displacement engines are even less noticable.  The smaller the engine but higher the compression or boost will result in more efficiently and the same level of power in many cases.

-The new 6.2 can now adjust the ECU to align with the fuel before a knock will happen.

-92 is "recommended, not required"

-The EPA, Automakers, and the California Air Resources Board are all involved in the emission and mpg ratings for domestic vehicles in the united states - so it happens to be, premium fuel is good for a catalytic converter. In allowing advanced timing of ignition, the fuel has a longer burn duration. This in turn gives more time for heat transfer within the combustion chamber—which results in reduced temperature of exhaust gases. This cooler "engine-out" condition makes for an easier thermal life of downstream catalysts and the environment.

-Many manufactures push for higher octane with the hope that it will be come the new standard with 91 replacing 87...  WHY?  Automakers would like this as it's the cheapest way for their engines to meet increasing EPA standards, but they want the government to force it as if they do it themselves the buyers may not buy that brand of vehicle to avoid the initial added cost at the pump.

In closing, there's nothing wrong with throwing 92 in the truck, particularly at higher elevations....  but you will in no way you will be able to tell the 10-15 HP difference that is only generated at PEAK power, when the engine is around 6000 rpms.. new 6.2 has the ability to adjust the ECU before a knock even happens.  Your not hurting the engine.

That being said- i use 93 all the time, it makes me feel good.  But just understand, on a N/A modern engine with average compression, there is no difference and you're not hurting the engine to any extent.

check the pdf below of all the US vehicles that REQUIRE 91-92-93... all the engines are smaller displacement, many super or turbo charged, or highly engineered motors developed mostly in Germany. 91+ octane in this engine is really doing nothing but making the gas bill higher.

Premium-Fuel-Requirement-2016-and-2017-model-years.pdf

Edited by PabloK

On 6/9/2019 at 6:30 PM, Silverado4x4 said:

That's why I hate black rims looks like a black blob cant see the detail of the rim. Around here iam starting to see less and less black rims on vehicles as I think the fad is wearing out.

Fad? maybe in america.

Blob?  maybe your confusing plasti-dip'd wheels with wheels properly coat satin black.  it makes a difference.

Black wheels are not new...  Buicks rocked them in the 80s. 

BMW M cars use them on their vehicles it was clear they made the cars look "sportier".

I see less and less malibus on the road, i think that FAD is wearing out as our population starts to age.

cheers :)

Hey guys,

here is mine.

Looking for inputs on tires and wheels with a 2" leveling kit on the front and most likely a 1" block at rear on my SLT.

Will the stock rims still  fit?

I am  contemplating a 34" tire but i am afraid it will rub.

The tires i am looking at are Duratrac and KO 2's in the 275 65 r 20 size  which seems to show a height of  34".

What do you guys think ?any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks

IMG_0331.JPG

• Like 1