Show Us Your 2019 & Up T1 Pictures !

Anybody can say anything they want on the internet to make their point sound true, but simple physics dictate otherwise. Either way you slice it a taller sidewall will ride better apples to apples, if you say otherwise there is something called a placebo effect in place, happens all the time with rose colored glasses on. An E-rated LT 55 tires might ride worse than a P-rated 45 series tire, but a 55 series P-rated tire will ride better than a 45 series P-rated tire, it resist damage from pot holes better, will help protect the rim from curb damage which I see all too often with the big rim crowd, will have shorter stopping distances, better acceleration and higher MPG's. Handling, well it is a truck and a larger rim won't magically make it handle ten times better it will be mostly imperceptible, basically one plus for multiple minus' for going with the big rims. If you think your 22's on rubber bands ride well, wait until you have an 18" rim and a proper apples to apples tire on there, you will think it is a Cadillac... Back to reading the comments, I am thoroughly enjoying it! 

Tyler

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gr8estlife said:

Hi,

New to the forum!  I've had my Silverado for a month so far. Here's a pic. Borla S Type catback on the way...

I like the ride but I can tell there are 22"s  when I hit a bump... Otherwise its smoother than I thought it would be. 

I've been reading and catching up on all the threads...found the forum looking for tuner discussions; man, a lot of nice trucks on here! jeffstruck.thumb.jpg.ae29d970392fe576f3bccfe7b9712e94.jpg

Hmm... What size 22" tires do you have? I surmise 285/45/22?

1 hour ago, amxguy1970 said:

Anybody can say anything they want on the internet to make their point sound true, but simple physics dictate otherwise. Either way you slice it a taller sidewall will ride better apples to apples, if you say otherwise there is something called a placebo effect in place, happens all the time with rose colored glasses on. An E-rated LT 55 tires might ride worse than a P-rated 45 series tire, but a 55 series P-rated tire will ride better than a 45 series P-rated tire, it resist damage from pot holes better, will help protect the rim from curb damage which I see all too often with the big rim crowd, will have shorter stopping distances, better acceleration and higher MPG's. Handling, well it is a truck and a larger rim won't magically make it handle ten times better it will be mostly imperceptible, basically one plus for multiple minus' for going with the big rims. If you think your 22's on rubber bands ride well, wait until you have an 18" rim and a proper apples to apples tire on there, you will think it is a Cadillac... Back to reading the comments, I am thoroughly enjoying it! 

Tyler

I had the factory 18s with the all season Michelin’s and they were horrible. Honestly. And I also have a Cadillac XT5. The 22s ride better with the Bridgestones and absorb the same amount of absuse from crappy Ohio roads as the Cadillac. Just like you said, perception is in the mind of the individual. I’m happy that’s all I care for. 

• Like 1

285/55/22

Nitto Ridge Grappler

Best tires you can get if you want a nice ride with an aggressive look... read some reviews.. it’s clearly the industry leader for new hybrid truck tiresaa0507d814fe6b8f762f3912e9a647bc.jpg512023c4afd53742d00e49ae097687be.jpg1c849b466c0305120049242c9ab85af3.jpg6f97e6378b095f1f4c3edacdc5cbdcaa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, gt tangerine said:

I’m tempted to ditch the stock 22” tires for those nittos dang 

Read the reviews... overwhelming positive across about 10 tire websites.  It was release early 2017.. it’s the new gold standard.

• Like 1

Just now, RUSSH said:

Yes 

Hmm I seen one today with the blacked out badge and I think they look sharp. But not sure what package on the LT get you the black badges. Nice looking truck. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Moend said:

Hmm I seen one today with the blacked out badge and I think they look sharp. But not sure what package on the LT get you the black badges. Nice looking truck. 

Dealer just swapped to a black bowtie. Fairly cheap to do. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Moend said:

Thanks buddy. It's not part of a certain package, just an accessory. I've had to do it on my last 3 trucks, but was lucky that it came with it on this one.

It's definitely an easy mod though.

Edited by RUSSH

23 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

Tyler

My earlier point exactly. More sidewall = more cushion for the impact of the road to be absorbed.

18" tire, best case scenario. 20" tire, not as good as 18" but much better than the thinner area a 22" wheel provides.