Show Us Your 2019 & Up T1 Pictures !

2 hours ago, mafd2 said:

Agree, no one thinks the Sierra fender wells look good. Except the designers...

100% agree they look like a sideways view of a sim card. Now in the 2500HD I think the GMC is the winner there as the Silverado 2500 frontend is just flat out ugly.

• Like 1

I ran Michelin Pilot SS on my Jeep SRT 305/35/22 and the ride imprvoved dramnatcallyl over the shit 295/45/20 Pirellis....    

Quality of tires make all the difference.

Those Pirellis where run-flats. All run flats ride like crap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

Exactly, because going up in rim size never equates to a better ride apple for apple. 

Tyler

You must've read his post wrong.  He's saying the 20" rim size rode worse than his 22's.  I know for a fact that my Michelin 22's ride better than my stock 18's did.

1 hour ago, mafd2 said:

You must've read his post wrong.  He's saying the 20" rim size rode worse than his 22's.  I know for a fact that my Michelin 22's ride better than my stock 18's did.

So it sounds like purchasing a T1 platform GM truck negates what most of us K2 owners believe and have experienced where

More sidewall rubber ( Smaller Wheel Diameter ) creates a better more cushioned ride compared to Less sidewall rubber ( Larger Wheel Diameter).

I have owned more than 10 trucks in 20 years and can say without a doubt that a 16-18 " wheel and tire produces a far better ride over a 20"-22" wheel and tire.

Not doubting any of you T1 owners who are posting opposite results but experience and history are what they are.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

So it sounds like purchasing a T1 platform GM truck negates what most of us K2 owners believe and have experienced where

More sidewall rubber ( Smaller Wheel Diameter ) creates a better more cushioned ride compared to Less sidewall rubber ( Larger Wheel Diameter).

I have owned more than 10 trucks in 20 years and can say without a doubt that a 16-18 " wheel and tire produces a far better ride over a 20"-22" wheel and tire.

Not doubting any of you T1 owners who are posting opposite results but experience and history are what they are.

Yes you are very correct Dan.  I've ran 22's on my 2007-2016 trucks (had many) and yes, the Bridgestone 285/45/22 was a little harsher than the stock 275/55/20's naturally because of more sidewall.  I won't dispute that.  On my T1, I went with a 275/50/22 which is the recommended 22" tire size for  '19.  I was expecting a little harsher ride like my previous trucks with these being a 265/65/18 and because of a 4" difference in wheel size .  I went with the Michelins, had them road force balanced and couldn't believe the ride.  As crazy as it sounds, it actually rides a little better than the 18's.  I understand there is more sidewall on the new size 22" but for it to ride as good or better than stock 18's??  Doesn't make sense but it is what it is and I know this for a fact.  Here's the kicker;  the 275/50/22 has more sidewall than the previous years 285/45/22 but still not as much sidewall as my 265/65/18. So how do you explain an equal or better ride with less sidewall???  I guess it's a combo of new T1 22" tire size, suspension and tire brand?  IDK.  I cannot attest the ride on a Bridgestone new size 275/50/22  but can on a Michelin.  I can also attest the ride on the previous size Bridgestone 285/45/22 which is a little harsher than the OEM 275/55/20's.  Don't know what else to say. 

I am really liking this truck.  Coming from a GMT900 it is a lot nicer.  The 6.2 is no slouch either.  Black OEM steps on the way.  Already installed weathertech no drill flaps.  They were a huge pain to install on this truck.  

5 hours ago, mafd2 said:

3 hours ago, mafd2 said:

Yes you are very correct Dan.  I've ran 22's on my 2007-2016 trucks (had many) and yes, the Bridgestone 285/45/22 was a little harsher than the stock 275/55/20's naturally because of more sidewall.  I won't dispute that.  On my T1, I went with a 275/50/22 which is the recommended 22" tire size for  '19.  I was expecting a little harsher ride like my previous trucks with these being a 265/65/18 and because of a 4" difference in wheel size .  I went with the Michelins, had them road force balanced and couldn't believe the ride.  As crazy as it sounds, it actually rides a little better than the 18's.  I understand there is more sidewall on the new size 22" but for it to ride as good or better than stock 18's??  Doesn't make sense but it is what it is and I know this for a fact.  Here's the kicker;  the 275/50/22 has more sidewall than the previous years 285/45/22 but still not as much sidewall as my 265/65/18. So how do you explain an equal or better ride with less sidewall???  I guess it's a combo of new T1 22" tire size, suspension and tire brand?  IDK.  I cannot attest the ride on a Bridgestone new size 275/50/22  but can on a Michelin.  I can also attest the ride on the previous size Bridgestone 285/45/22 which is a little harsher than the OEM 275/55/20's.  Don't know what else to say. 

No, I read it exactly for what he wrote which is why I said apples to apples. He compared a run-flat 20 to a regular 22, you can't compare those two as a run-flat has a super stiff sidewall to a non-run-flat, they will ride completely different even in different sizes the run-flat will ride worse. If you were to take two of the same Michelin p-rated tires, one on a 18, one on a 20 and another on a 22, there is no way around it the 18 will ride the best, 20 second and 22 the worst. Anything else is just a placebo effect, which explains the better riding 22 versus 18 you noted above. On a smooth highway they probably seem the same, starting throwing pavement bumps and suspension undulations in and ride starts to show which is better. Also along the lines of apples to apples comparing two different generations with different suspension setups and tuning isn't the same way to judge either.

Ride is subjective, we all know that but also ride needs to be pinpointed on what is being deemed a better ride in what situation. Does it ride better down a smooth asphalt highway? Concrete? What about larger bumps/whoops at speed? Pot holed road? Broken pavement? Maybe some people like a rough ride? A 22 can ride equally in a subjective way on smoother roads and larger bumps, where the larger tires makes the bigger difference is pot holed streets, broken pavement or some other type of abrupt bump such as a railroad track crossing. Physics can't defeat the much less shock absorbing rubber there is on a 22 than a 18 or even 20 inch wheel. You hear it all the time in reviews, would have rode better with a smaller rim. The larger rim made bumps less tolerable, etc. 

A nice test that shows the difference. 

"We do know that the heavy, 19-inch setup suffered from the most impact harshness and seemed to tax the suspension the most. In contrast, the two smallest wheel-and-tire combos showed a propensity for more understeer on the skidpad but provided a more controlled and supple ride. And although it didn’t register on the dBA-meter, the 15- and 16-inch arrangements had a more pleasant sound quality than the larger tires."

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a15130598/upsized-wheels-tires/

Tyler

Edited by amxguy1970
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, amxguy1970 said:

No, I read it exactly for what he wrote which is why I said apples to apples. He compared a run-flat 20 to a regular 22, you can't compare those two as a run-flat has a super stiff sidewall to a non-run-flat, they will ride completely different even in different sizes the run-flat will ride worse. If you were to take two of the same Michelin p-rated tires, one on a 18, one on a 20 and another on a 22, there is no way around it the 18 will ride the best, 20 second and 22 the worst. Anything else is just a placebo effect, which explains the better riding 22 versus 18 you noted above. On a smooth highway they probably seem the same, starting throwing pavement bumps and suspension undulations in and ride starts to show which is better. Also along the lines of apples to apples comparing two different generations with different suspension setups and tuning isn't the same way to judge either.

Ride is subjective, we all know that but also ride needs to be pinpointed on what is being deemed a better ride in what situation. Does it ride better down a smooth asphalt highway? Concrete? What about larger bumps/whoops at speed? Pot holed road? Broken pavement? Maybe some people like a rough ride? A 22 can ride equally in a subjective way on smoother roads and larger bumps, where the larger tires makes the bigger difference is pot holed streets, broken pavement or some other type of abrupt bump such as a railroad track crossing. Physics can't defeat the much less shock absorbing rubber there is on a 22 than a 18 or even 20 inch wheel. You hear it all the time in reviews, would have rode better with a smaller rim. The larger rim made bumps less tolerable, etc. 

A nice test that shows the difference. 

"We do know that the heavy, 19-inch setup suffered from the most impact harshness and seemed to tax the suspension the most. In contrast, the two smallest wheel-and-tire combos showed a propensity for more understeer on the skidpad but provided a more controlled and supple ride. And although it didn’t register on the dBA-meter, the 15- and 16-inch arrangements had a more pleasant sound quality than the larger tires."

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a15130598/upsized-wheels-tires/

Tyler

All of what you posted seems to reason and like I stated, my previous 22's on previous gen trucks rode a little harsher.  As for the roads here?  We have them all. Smooth asphalt, smooth concrete, worn asphalt, whoops, pot holes etc.  I drove my truck for around 1K miles on all roads so I was really versed on the sounds, ride and feel.  Anyway, even if I found my 22's to ride harsher than the 18's I still wouldn't go back to 18's or 20's and especially now with the way these Michelin 22's ride. 18's just don't look good (JMO), 20's don't look bad at all but I like the looks of 22's.  That's just me :P

There are not many smooth roads here in Missouri or over in Kansas other than the major highways.

Bottom line is if you live here an 18" Wheel/Tire combo is best at soaking up the uneven terrain, potholes and endless curbs.

22's may be fine out on the highways as long as the pressure is lower.